Getting Married In Japan
Basic Required documents
1. 婚姻届（Konin Todoke): Marriage Application Form *1
2. 戸籍謄本(Koseki Touhon) for Japanese citizens
3. 結婚要件具備証明書 (Kekkon Youken Gubi Shoumeisho): A certificate of legal capacity to marry
4. 印鑑 (Inkan): For Japanese citizens
5. 身分証明書(Mibun Shoumeisho):Legal ID
6. パスポート(Passport): for foreign citizens
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR CITY/VILLAGE OFFICE IN ADVANCE since additional documents may be required depending on countries.
*All non-Japanese documents should be translated into Japanese
*1 This Konin Todoke form must be completed in Japanese. Also, two witnesses' (Japanese citizen or foreigner who is over 20 years old) signatures are required.