How to transfer money to TransferWise account
If you wish to make international money transfer using TransferWise please follow the instructions below.
- Have the following ready before you go into an ATM machine:
- TransferWsie bank details
- Your phone number
- TransferWise bank details can be viewed from your account once you have made an application for a transfer. The details will look like the picture below.
Click here for downladable instructions in a PDF format.
How to make a transfer:
Please DO NOT SELECT "ENGLISH" TAB as this function is not available in English.
1. Select "お振込み" tab at the top-right.
2. Tap the green button
3. Insert your bank card
4. Type in the 4-digit pin number for your bank card (if you see green buttons before this page, tap green buttons to get to this page)
5. Select the button at the very bottom.
6. Tap "その他" button at the right-bottom corner.
7. Select "普通銀行" at the top-left.
8. Select "ミ" located at the first row of the 7th column as this is the first letter of the bank name "Mitsubishi UFJ bank".
9. Select "三菱UFJ銀行" from the list.
10. Select "エ" located at the 4th row of the first column for the first letter of the branch name "Ebisu".
11. Select "恵比寿支店" at the right-bottom for "Ebisu branch".
12. Select "普通" to select "ordinary saving account" for the bank account type.
13. Type in the recipient's bank account number indicated on the bank details. (0785985)
14. Type in your phone number (use the resource center's phone number 098-982-3540 if you don't have one).
15. Type in the amount you are transferring.
16. Tap the green button if you see this message (no need if this page doesn't appear)
17. In the next page, a summary of this transfer will be shown. double-check the account number, the amount, and the transaction fee below the amount.
18. [IMPORTANT] Tap the blue button where your name is indicated as a sender's name to modify the sender's information.
19. [IMPORTANT] Tap a gray button located at the bottom of the keypad to change the keypad from Japanese to alphanumeric keypad.
20. [IMPORTANT] Type in the "Reference" indicated on the bank details as TransferWise will verify the payment by this reference when they receive the money in their account. In case this "Reference" is not properly typed in, the payment won't go through. (i.e. TransferWise will not accept the payment, and the amount will be sent back to your account)
21. After typing in the reference, press the green button at the right-bottom.
22. You will be directed to the summary page again. Double-check everything in the summary and tap the green button at the right-bottom to confirm the payment.
23. Receive your bank card and a receipt.