If you feel a tremor...
... at home or on the OIST campus
- Protect your head and shelter under a table.
- Don’t rush outside.
- Don’t worry about turning off the gas in the kitchen/labs when shaking in the earthquake. After the tremors have subsided, turn off the gas and so on.
.... while driving
- Don’t slow down suddenly.
- Turn on your hazard lights to alert other drivers.
- Then slow down smoothly, pull over to the left and stop.
- Look out for collapsing concrete-block walls.
- Be careful of falling signboards and broken glass.
- Protect your heads and keep way from those objects.
... in an elevator
- The elevator stops at the nearest floor, then get off immediately.
What to do when and Earthquake hits
- For information about what to do when an Earthquake or Tsunami hits, download the complete 2018/04/04 presentation "Response to Earthquake and Tsunami" (PDF, 5MB).
Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
For the business continutiy plan information, please read the information on the page below.
Business Continuity Management and Safety Management System