Green Okinawa(19) Local stores that sell eco-friendly items
We hope this post will be of some help for those who are looking for shops that sell locally-made/eco-friendly items.
There certainly are more shops we haven’t discovered yet. We appreciate it a lot if you can share the shops you know with fellow OISTers through the below form.
Mana. ORGANIC LIVING
- Concept: Natural Material, Reusable, Eco-friendly Package, Less Waste, Minimal Design, Honest Price, 1% To The Planet, Support Business Owner
- Website: https://manaorganicliving.com
- Instagram: @manaorganicliving
Mana. ORGANIC LIVING is an eco-lifestyle brand that aims to empower a sustainable way of living. They sell Bath&beauty, kitchen, cleaning, etc. Products are available at AIEN Coffee in Chatan, Bacon Bar Japan, and online store.
SHIMA DENIM WORKS
- Concept: Sociable, Sustainable, Circular Economy
- Website: https://shimadenim.com/
- Instagram: @shima_denim_works
SHIMA DENIM WORKS is a clothing store located in Urasoe city where they sell products made out of local sugar cane bagasse. They also do custom-made clothing and Kariyushi rental services.
- Website: https://shop.food-reborn.co.jp/
- Instagram: @kiseki_foodreborn
FOOD REBORN is a company that sells sustainable products using natural, locally harvested ingredients. Their special “Kiseki label” introduce products made out of pineapple leaf fiber.
RE/AO Ethical Store
- Website: https://reao-okinawa.jimdofree.com/
- Instagram: @ethicalstore_reao
RE/AO is a store located in Chatan where they sell ethical and eco products such as jewelry, clothes, and commodities. A free water refill station (mymizu) is also available if you take your own water bottle.
This post was developed by Akiko Ishimine(OIST Resource Centre) and Mai Branes(OIST Resource Centre)