Family Member Access Card
OIST operates a Family Member to allow access to non-wet lab/experimental spaces in the laboratory buildings, in addition to designated public areas of OIST, for the requested purpose, such as to attend language class and other activities for family members. Adult family members are to register for and receive photo ID cards that will allow them access to limited areas of the laboratory buildings.
Access to laboratory buildings is a privilege. Adult family members applying for access cards are expected to follow all rules and regulations regarding their conduct in the laboratory buildings. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of access.
If building use should change OIST reserves the right to terminate the Adult Family Member Access Program.
1. Please download the form and regulation HERE. Please read and understand the regulation and fill out and sign the form.
2. Send the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The application will be checked by the VPUCS. Once VPUSC approves the application form, Resource Center will send you the link to the mandatory online safety orientation.
4. Please take the online safety orientation. Please ask your spouse to log in to the system.
5. Once you finish the course, the completion certificate will be displayed by clicking the button "DETAILED REPORT". Please send the screenshot of the certificate to the Resource Center.
6. Please visit the OIST Photo Booth to take your photo and let us know. The manual is available HERE.
7. Resource Center will contact you when the card is ready. Please allow us 1 week to process the card.
8. Please visit the Resource Center to pick up the card. Also, please bring the original application form to Resource Center.
In case you lose your Family Member Acces Card, please report the lost card as soon as you find out that your card is lost.
If you wish to issue another card, you will need to submit the below application