In Case of Emergency...
If you feel that you are in a crisis, or if you are concerned about the health condition of someone you know, please contact:
Fire department / Ambulance: 119
OIST Help Line: 098-966-8989 [24hrs / 7days]
List of English-speaking ER Hospitals around OIST(Please note that English-speaking staff are not available 24/7)
Japan Visitor Hotline (external link):
TEL: 050-3816-2787 [24hrs/ 7days] (From international phone: +81-50-3816-2787)
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) operates a visitor hotline 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Call for tourist information or assistance in the case of accidents and emergencies.
Support is available in English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
Be. Okinawa Inbound Medical Interpreter Call Center (external link):
TEL: 0570-050-235 (From international phone: +81-570-050-235)
Available languages: English, Chinese (Beijing, Cantonese), Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Tagalog, French, Nepali, Malaysian, Italian, German, Russian (16 languages)
Non-emergency Medical Care during your Event
- For event attendees: Contact the main organizer of the event that you are attending for assistance.
- List of clinics and hospitals around OIST (Please note this list is not exhaustive and only includes some hospitals and clinics)
Earthquake, Tsunami, etc.
- Tsunami: See here for evacuation areas, maps, etc. around OIST.
- Earthquake: See here for information on what to do in case of earthquake.
- OIST Conference Center (Auditorium and Meeting Rooms 1 - 4)
- Main Campus - Seminar Rooms (Sydney Brenner Lecture Theater (Seminar Room B250), Seminar Rooms C209 and C210)
- Seaside House (1F Seminar Room, 3F Chura Hall, other facilities)
Enjoying a Safe Stay in Okinawa
- Safety Guide for Visitors to Okinawa: Download your copy of the safety guide (PDF) here (external link)
- Dangerous Marine Life: Pamphlet on dangerous marine life around Okinawa (PDF) (external link)
(Further information on dangerous Marine life by the Okinawa Prefectural Government (external link) )
- Beware of Habu Snakes: Pamphlet on Okinawan Habu snake (PDF) (external link)
(Further information on Habu snakes by the Okinawa Prefectural Government (external link) )