Reaching OIST Main Campus by Car
To all conference attendees:
Parking for conference attendees is not available on weekdays unless prearranged between OIST and the conference organizers.
Please contact directly the organizers of the conference to inquire if parking has been reserved.
Enter the 206 159 202*17 as the destination into your car navigation system.
*MAP CODE is a registered trademark of Denso Corporation.
*Click on the map above to see more route options.
Via Okinawa Expressway (50-60 min from Naha Airport)
- From Naha Airport follow the signs to the Okinawa Expressway
- Exit the toll road at Exit Number 7 ("YAKA (屋嘉) ")
- Turn left at the T-junction after passing the toll booth.
- Go through the tunnel.
- Turn left at the first traffic light, the "Onna (East)" intersection.
- Go down the hill, past Akama Sports Park, and turn left at the first traffic light onto the South Onna Bypass.
- About 2km down the road, turn left at the first traffic light to enter the OIST campus.
This route has tolls
Via Regular Roads (60-80 min from Naha Airport)
- From Naha Airport travel north on Highway 58
- At the intersection "Nakadomari", there are two roads intersecting route 58.
- At the "Nakadomari" intersection, take the "South Onna Bypass" by turning right onto the road branching at a 45-degree angle northward from route 58.
- Turn right 4km down the road, at the first traffic light, where you can see the letters "OIST" on the wall at the base of a hill.
Duration depends heavily on traffic and time of day.