Restrictions on Use, Prohibitions and Cancellation Policy
- Facility users are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, as well as all rules and regulations of OIST.
- OIST reserves the right to consult with facility users regarding possible changes in date or venue caused by OIST internal reasons.
- Permission to hold an externally organized event using OIST’s venues does not endorse the event or guarantee its academic accuracy, its credibility, or the reliability of its content. Requests for nominal support or sponsorship of the event can be considered by OIST separately. Facility users are requested to consult OIST in advance regarding the content of any public announcements or advertisement related to the event.
- Content implying, OIST is endorsing or encouraging a particular enterprise, organization , product, service, etc. is not permitted in any circumstance. When advertising and promoting the event, using expressions which suggest any OIST involvement are strictly prohibited.
- Excluding events nominally supported or sponsored by OIST, OIST may ask facility uses to add the following disclaimer when announcing or promoting the event.
“This event will be held at a conference venue in OIST, but please refrain from contacting OIST regarding the content of the event.”
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on campus.
- Posters, flyers and other such materials must only be placed on the noticeboards provided. No such materials may be attached to walls, doors, windows or any other part of the buildings, including the elevators.
- Alteration to the facilities, equipment, furnishings, etc. is not permitted unless authorized in writing in advance. Facilities must be returned to their original condition after use.
- Facility users will be liable for any damage or loss caused as a result of the facility usage.The contact person will be held responsible for all damage or loss.
- If OIST has judged that users do not comply with the restrictions above, permission to use common spaces may be revoked by OIST at any time, up to and including the date of the reserved use.
OIST venues may not be used for the types of activities listed below. In the case that this prohibition is violated, permission to use common spaces may be revoked by the University at any time, up to and including the date of the reservation.
- Commercial use and for-profit activities.
- Political activities.
- Uses related to unethical, unlawful or criminal activities.
- Uses related to military activities.
- Uses offensive to public order and morals.
- Uses that may disturb or interfere with University activities (noise, vibration nuisance, etc.).
- If OIST has judged that users do not comply with the above prohibitions, permission to use common spaces may be revoked by OIST at any time, up to and including the date of the reserved use.
Please note: OIST does not hold any responsibility for injuries or damages, which occur within OIST facilities during the event. When handling the audio-visual equipment, please always follow the instructions of the OIST personnel in charge. OIST retains its rights to claim a compensatory payment and to prohibit the future usage of OIST facilities by the responsible party, should any unauthorized changes be applied to the equipment settings or should the equipment suffer any damage as a result of unauthorized usage.
Cancellations are accepted only in written form (via email: email@example.com or FAX: +81-(0)98-966-2391) not later than 48 hours in advance. For cancellations made within 48 hours of the facility usage date, cancellation fees might apply.
Should OIST facilities be closed due to a natural disaster (typhoon, earthquake, etc.), no cancellation fees will be charged