Publications and Lectures
Please list TSVP/OIST as one of your affiliations when publishing about research (partially) conducted during your visit.
Please also include a short phrase in the acknowledgements, see below.
Theoretical Sciences Visiting Program, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University, Onna, 904-0495, Japan
Acknowledgement in case of per diem:
This research was conducted while visiting the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) through the Theoretical Sciences Visiting Program (TSVP).
Acknowledgement in case of salary:
This research was conducted while funded by the Theoretical Sciences Visiting Program (TSVP) at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST).
*DVSP visitors please replace accordingly with "Distinguished Visiting Scholar Program (DVSP)"
FY2022 Theoretical Sciences Visiting Program
- G. Boffetta, S. Musacchio, A. Mazzino, and M. E. Rosti, Transient inverse energy cascade in free surface turbulence, Phys. Rev. Fluids 8, 034601 (2023)
- L. Meshulam, S. Reiter, Nature (to be published)
- OIST Institutional News: "OIST launches new Theoretical Sciences Visiting Program", 2023-05-23
- To be published in Dublin University Press
FY2022 Distinguished Visiting Scholar Program
- Y.-C. Chen, E. Fried. Conformal deformations of a dilational material surface, Journal of Elasticity, in press. (doi:10.1007/s10659-023-10003-2)
- Y.-C. Chen, R. Fosdick, E. Fried. A novel dimensional reduction for the equilibrium study of inextensional material surfaces, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 169 (2022), 105068-1–27. (doi:10.1016/j.jmps.2022.105068).
- Y.-C. Chen, R. Fosdick, E. Fried. Isometries between given surfaces and the isometric deformation of a single unstretchable material surface, Journal of Elasticity 151 (2022), 159–175. (doi:10.1007/s10659-022-09909-0)
- M.A. Kanso, M. Naime, V. Chaurasia, K. Tontiwattanakul, E. Fried, A.J. Giacomin. Coronavirus pleomorphism, Physics of Fluids 34 (2022), 063101-1–10. (doi:10.1063/5.0094771)
- Y.-C. Chen, R. Fosdick, E. Fried. Reply to van der Heijden and Starostin, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Series A, Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 478 (2022), 20210856-1–9. (doi:10.1098/rspa.2021.0856)
- Y.-C. Chen, “A mechanical theory of growth”. Submitted to Journal of Elasticity.
- Y.-C. Chen, E. Fried, S. Janssens, “Wringling of circular suspended films”.
FY2020 Visiting Mathematics Professor Program
- P. Piovano and I. Velčić, Microscopical Justification of Solid-State Wetting and Dewetting, J. Nonlinear Sci. 32, 32 (2022). arXiv:2010.08787
- S. Y. Kholmatov and P. Piovano, Existence of Minimizers for the SDRI Model (Submitted 2021). arXiv
- P. Piovano and I. Velčić, Microscopical Justification of the Winterbottom Problem for Well-Separated Lattices (Submitted 2021). arXiv:2111.13604
- J. E. Greene and A. Lobb, The Rectangular Peg Problem (2020). arXiv:2005.09193
- (See also this Quanta Magazine article)
- J. McCoy, G. Wheeler, and Y. Wu, Higher Order Curvature Flows of Plane Curves with Generalised Neumann Boundary Conditions (2020). PDF
- J. A. McCoy, Contracting Self-Similar Solutions of Nonhomogeneous Curvature Flows (2020). PDF
- J. A. McCoy, Contraction of Convex Hypersurfaces by Nonhomogeneous Functions of Curvature (2020). PDF
- OIST Presidential Lecture: "The Rectangular Peg Problem" by Andrew Lobb (2020/07/30) https://vimeo.com/444445868