Collective Intelligence in Living/Non-Livings Populations
The purpose of this workshop is to elucidate the phenomena of living (ants, bees, creatures, ...) and non-living (agents within neural nets, web services, ...) populations and to discuss possible theoretical frameworks for them.
The workshop is open to anyone at OIST with an interest in the discussed topics.
OIST Seminar room C210
From the main entrance walk through the tunnel and take the elevator to floor C. The room is in the "Center Building", the round domed building that contains the entrance to OIST. Once you exited the elevator the seminar room is on the right side, next to the sky bridge.
November 22, 2022 (Tuesday)
Professor Takashi Ikegami, University of Tokyo (TSVP Visiting Scholar)
Meeting ID: 972 0366 8282
9:00 - 9:10 Opening Remark
9:10 - 9:50 Nobuaki Mizumoto "Evolutionary perspectives of termite collective behavior"
10:00 -12:00 ANT session
Shigeto Dobata "Spontaneous aggregation behaviors in the ant Pristomyrmex punctatus"
Norihiro Maruyama "Epsilon Machine Analysis of Ants behavior"
11:30 - 12:00 Discussion
12:00 -14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 14:40 Takashi Shimada “On the Robustness and Plasticity of 'Ecosystems' ''
14:50 - 16:20 Ciliate session
Akiko Kashiwagi "Fluctuations of the gene expression in populations of Tetrahymena thermophila"
Hiroki Kojima & Takashi Ikegami "Phenotypic Inheritance of Dynamical traits in growing populations of Tetrahymena thermophila"
16:30 - 18:00 WEB session
Yasuhiro Hashimoto "Beyond Preferential Attachment: Popularity Fluctuations and Their Sources"
Fumiko Ogushi "Characterization of the Digital Knowledge Ecosystem of Wikipedia"
18:00 -18:30 Wrap up
Request to participants
- Please refrain from attending an event if you have fever or any other cold symptoms.
- Check health condition before attending an event by measuring body temperature etc.
- Bring a mask and wear it correctly, practice good cough etiquette and wash hands with soap and disinfect fingers thoroughly.
- Eat only inside the designated meal areas and avoid crowding during meals. Do not eat inside the venue unless specifically allowed by the organizers.
- Put your mask back on swiftly after eating.
- Follow the latest guidelines issued by the Japanese government and the Okinawa Prefectural guideline regarding vaccination policies, and PCR or antigen testing prior to attending an event.
- If identified as a close-contact, follow the self-isolation guidelines determined by the local health authorities and the Japanese government.
Subscribe to the OIST Calendar: Right-click to download, then open in your calendar application.