Recent Research Highlights
"Electromagnetism on Ice : from quantum spin ice to protons in water ice" [video of presentation and slides, related preprint.]
Kavli Intitute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara, USA, 21st July 2015.
From the KITP Program: "New Phases and Emergent Phenomena in Correlated Materials with Strong Spin-Orbit Coupling" (Lsmatter15).
"Topological defects in Quantum Spin Nematics" [related preprint].
Invited talk at the "International Conference on Magnetism" (ICM2015), Barcelona, Spain, 10th July 2015.
Invited Oral Presentations:
- Nic Shannon "How many spin liquids are there in Ca10Cr7O28?" Okayama University (2017.09.29)
- Judit Romhanyi "Chernful multiplet excitations in the breathing kagome model" Topological Properties in Quantum Magnets, Budapest (2017.08.30)
- Nic Shannon “How many spin liquids are there in Ca10Cr7O28?" 1st Asia–Pacific Workshop for Quantum Magnetism, Seoul National University (2017.08.30)
- Karim Essafi "Chiral Spin Liquids & Anomalous Hall Effect on the Kagome Lattice" 28th International Conference on Low Temperature Physics, Gothenburg, Sweden (2017.08.14)
- Nic Shannon “How many spin liquids are there in Ca10Cr7O28?" Technical University Munich (2017.08.09)
- Nic Shannon “Frustrating quantum spin ice" Conference on “ Topological States and Phase Transitions in Strongly Correlated Systems, Beijing, China (2017.07.20)
- Nic Shannon “How many spin liquids are there in Ca10Cr7O28?" Clarendon Laboratory, Oxford (2017.07.11)
- Nic Shannon “How many spin liquids are there in Ca10Cr7O28?" University of Oxford (2017.07.10)
- Nic Shannon “Frustrating quantum spin ice: a tale of three spin liquids, and hidden order" Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Waterloo, Canada (2017.06.08)
- Nic Shannon “Quantum Water Ice” ISSP, University of Tokyo (2017.05.29)
- Nic Shannon “Quantum Water Ice” CEMS, RIKEN (2017.05.18)
Contributed Oral Presentations:
- Tokuro Shimokawa, Hikaru Kawamura "J1-J2古典ハニカム格子ハイゼンベルク反強磁性体に現れる多重q秩序状態 Multiple-q states in the J1-J2 classical honeycomb-lattice Heisenberg antiferromagnet" The Physical Society of Japan 2017 Autumn Meeting, Morioka, Iwate, Japan (2017.09.21)
- Tokuro Shimokawa, Hikaru Kawamura "Thermal and quantum fluctuation effects on the ordering of the S=1/2 kagome Heisenberg antiferromagnet" The 28th International Conference on Low Temperature Physics, Gothenburg, Sweden (2017.08.21)
- Han Yan "Spin liquid and emergent gauge theory" Exact method on low dimensional statistical physics, Cargese, France (2017.07.29)
- Karim Essafi "Why Symmetry Matters", OIST internal seminar (2017.06.21)