Recent Research Highlights
"Electromagnetism on Ice : from quantum spin ice to protons in water ice" [video of presentation and slides, related preprint.]
Kavli Intitute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara, USA, 21st July 2015.
From the KITP Program: "New Phases and Emergent Phenomena in Correlated Materials with Strong Spin-Orbit Coupling" (Lsmatter15).
"Topological defects in Quantum Spin Nematics" [related preprint].
Invited talk at the "International Conference on Magnetism" (ICM2015), Barcelona, Spain, 10th July 2015.
Invited Oral Presentations:
- Nic Shannon “Frustrating quantum spin ice", Conference on “Topological States and Phase Transitions in Strongly Correlated Systems, Beijing, China (2017.07.20)
- Nic Shannon “How many spin liquids are there in Ca10Cr7O28 ?", University of Oxford (2017.07.10)
- Nic Shannon “Frustrating quantum spin ice: a tale of three spin liquids, and hidden order", Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Waterloo, Canada (2017.06.08)
- Nic Shannon “Quantum Water Ice”, ISSP, University of Tokyo (2017.05.29)
- Nic Shannon “Quantum Water Ice”, CEMS, RIKEN (2017.05.18)
Conferences and Workshops:
- Karim Essafi "Chiral Spin Liquids & Anomalous Hall Effect on the Kagome Lattice", 28th International Conference on Low Temperature Physics, Gothenburg, Sweden (2017.08.14)
- Karim Essafi "Why Symmetry Matters", OIST internal seminar (2017.06.21)