OIST Innovation Mentors & Reviewers
Are you a domain expert in a deeptech industry sector?
Are you passionate about finding technological solutions to global problems?
Have you developed a product or startup from university technology?
Do you enjoy giving back to the community by advising young innovators?
You should consider becoming an OIST Innovation Mentor or Reviewer.
OIST is building a network of global experts in science, business, and industry to support our innovative research teams and startups. We are seeking individuals to join the network who are at the top of their fields and have expertise in the following areas:
- Technology development (all fields)
- Product development (all sectors)
- Regulatory affairs (pharma, medical devices, ag/food, industrial, etc.)
- Intellectual property
- Market analysis/Business planning
- Startups/Venture capital
There are 2 levels of engagement with innovators at OIST, as a Mentor or as a Reviewer.
OIST Innovation Mentors
Through a curated matching process, OIST Innovation Mentors are volunteers that offer their advice to research projects and startups at OIST. If selected and matched, you will commit a mutually agreed amount of time (~2 hours per month) to help these teams turn their ideas into global societal impact.
In return, you will have a front row seat to groundbreaking science and new technologies as they emerge from the research labs.
OIST Innovation Reviewers
Innovation Reviewers are on-call to provide objective, constructive, and timely reviews of grant proposals, pitch decks, business plans, etc.
Innovation Reviewers are expected to:
- Review an assigned proposal within the review period
- Provide objective and constructive comments
- Analyze proposals for market fit, innovation potential, technical feasibility, strength of team and resources, and broad impact
Innovation Reviewers are offered a modest stipend per review.
Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.