OIST Innovation Incubator
HELPING LAUNCH THE NEXT GENERATION OF SEED-STAGE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY STARTUPS
By catalyzing startups in Okinawa, OIST aims to strengthen the innovation ecosystem around the university and contribute to self-sustaining economic development in the region.
- Accelerate scientific and technological breakthroughs by providing startups and established companies from Japan and abroad with opportunities to partner with OIST.
- Build a community of innovators around OIST comprising people and companies committed to inventing solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
- Have a positive economic impact on Okinawa by seeding new companies, industries and high-tech jobs.
OIST Innovation Incubator is a mixed-use facility that accommodates wet lab, dry lab, and computational research and development activities. It is open to startup companies as well as established companies that wish to collaborate with OIST. The 500m2 pre-fab facility is located in the R&D Zone of the OIST Main Campus. The facility accommodates up to 40 people in a mixed-use office and lab setting.
Rentable Space and Cost
|Option||Cost Per Month|
|Dedicated Desk in open space||7,080 JPY|
|Dry Lab Bench in open space||22,200 JPY|
|Wet Lab Bench in open space||22,200 JPY|
|Private & Secure Lab Suite (25m2)||84,000 JPY|
|Private & Secure Office (20m2)||51,200 JPY|
|Membership Fee per person||2,500 JPY|
|Hotdesk Membership Fee||5,000 JPY|
- Flexible month-to-month lease terms, up to 12-months
- Extension beyond 12 months requires review and approval
- No equipment can be installed in the incubator without prior approval
- No hazardous materials can be brought into the incubator without prior approval
Common Facilities and Equipment
- Common lab equipment (Water Purifier,Freezer, Autoclave, Centrifuge,3D Printer etc)
- Bookable meeting room for up to 8 people
- Access to meeting rooms and event space at the OIST Conference Center (additional fee per use)
- Wireless internet and shared printer/copier/scanner
- Soundproof phone booth
- Shared kitchen
- Parking space
Services Available to Tenants
- Access to mentor and investor network
- Access to entrepreneurship events at OIST
- Access to cafe and convenience store on campus
- Access to core facilities and equipment at OIST (additional fee per use)
- Ability to register OIST postal address
- IP, Finance and HR advice (through external advisors)
- Support for banking operations by the seconded staff from the bank (the Bank of Okinawa)
Incubator Access Google マップ
OIST Innovation Incubator 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Kunigami-gun Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
Incubator Location in the Main OIST Campus