Gender Roles and their Impact in Academia - Virtual
Women are not rising to the higher echelons of any career in the numbers expected based on the number of women entering universities and the workforce. Debates have focused on biology and societal structures as explanations for this phenomenon.
- What is the impact of gender stereotypes in society and the workplace?
- How do we define and recognise merit in academia in a gender-neutral way?
- Are the aims of academia compatible with the aim of equal opportunities for all?
- What are the measures successfully applied in different institutions to support gender equality?
- The virtual conference includes live-streamed invited speakers with Q&A sessions after each talk.
- Information on the live stream and access to the discussion platform and digital posters will be provided shortly before the start of the event.
- Access to the recorded talks will be available for 1 week after the start of the event.
Please visit their homepage https://www.embl.de/training/events/2020/GRA20-01/index.html for more information and registration.