- Duration: July 11– July 27, 2015
- Venue: OIST Campus
- Organizing Institution: Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
- Language: All lectures will be given in English.
- Contact: dnc2015[at]oist.jp
- Poster: Download PDF version
- Begin Accepting Applications: January 12, 2015
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2015
- Notification of Application Results: March 15-16, 2015
- Participants arrive in Okinawa: July 11, 2015
- Participants depart Okinawa: July 27, 2015
- Deadline: February 15, 2015
- To apply to participate in the workshop, please go to the Application Page.
- The course is targeted mainly to Ph.D. students and junior postdocs.
- OIST will provide a financial support to cover the costs of registration, meals, and accommodation for all selected participants. Travel scholarships are also offered to aid applicants who do not have any other funding sources to cover their flight costs. However, the number is very limited and we strongly encourage the students to seek their own funding for travel to/from Okinawa. For more information, please go to Travel and Accommodation page.
- David Van Vactor (Harvard Medical School Van Vactor Lab/OIST Formation and Regulation of Neuronal Connectivity Unit)
- Gordon Arbuthnott (OIST Brain Mechanism for Behavior Unit)
- Ichiro Masai (OIST Developmental Neurobiology Unit)
- Yoko Yazaki-Sugiyama (OIST Neuronal Mechanism for Critical Period Unit)
- Gian Garriga (UC Berkeley)
- Daniel Goldman (U Michigan)
- Mary Kennedy (Caltech)
- Christian Klambt (U Muenster)
Mary Beth Hatten (Rockefeller)CANCELLED
- Hiroshi Kohsaka (U Tokyo)
- Pat Levitt (USC)
- Brian Link (Med Col Wisconsin)
- Liqun Luo (Stanford)
- Jeffrey Macklis (Harvard)
- Atsushi Miyawaki (RIKEN BSI)
- Jay Parrish (U Washington)
- David Price (U Edinburgh)
- Dan Sanes (NYU)
- Tomomi Shimogori (RIKEN BSI)
- Steve Wilson (UCL)
- Rachel Wong (U Washington)
- Kai Zinn (Caltech)
- Lisa Goodrich (Harvard)
- Ian Meinertzhagen (Dalhousie U)
The 38th Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society will be held from July 28th in Kobe, a day after the Developmental Neurobiology Course ends. This year, DNC2015 participants will have a priviledge of automatic acceptance to the meeting without applying for it separately. (*The registration fee, accommodation, train fare between Kansai Airport and Kobe, and other associated cost will be at your expense.) If you are interested in attending the JNS meeting, please check "yes" on the DNC application form. Please note that by selecting “yes” will not guarantee your acceptance to the DNC2015.
For more information about the meeting, please check their official website.