Teaching and Mentoring Resources
Resources for teaching and mentoring
The following resources put the focus on effective communication in many situations, including the classroom, meetings, and one-to-one interactions between mentors and mentees.
- Effective communication styles inventory
- Rhetorical strategies for delivering and structuring culturally inclusive classroom communication
- C-Hub community rules for an inclusive and productive session
Teaching and mentoring our students, colleagues, peers in difficult times
The following resources are provided to guide the members of the OIST community in supporting our students and each other during challenging times and situations. While some of them are contextualized in teaching settings, the guidelines and practices are applicable to a wide range of situations in the lab, workplace, and in social settings.
- Strategies for teaching in difficult times
- Responding to difficult moments – these provide strategies for anticipating and responding to difficult discussions or navigating difficult moments. They are applicable to not only teaching contexts, but to a broad range of situations.
- Difficult dialogues
- Coping with traumatic events and news
- OIST Ganjuu Wellbeing Service
- 21 self-care resources
- Developing a self-care plan
- Teaching well-being
- Trauma-informed approach to teaching and mentoring
Additional links to some resources on wellbeing during difficult times below: