Center for Professional Development and Inclusive Excellence <->(C-Hub)
Programs and Activities
The goals of Professional Development and Inclusive Excellence (C-Hub) programs and activities are focused on supporting every individual’s professional development and capacity for growth. Our programs and activities are developed through an evidence-based, research-informed process in the context of a global, scientific research university:
- Individual consultations and programs to support excellence in mentorship, leadership, teaching, writing, collaboration, communication, etc.
- Support for grant applications (in collaboration with Grants and Research Collaborations Section).
- Certificate programs for graduate students and faculty in course development, effective and inclusive pedagogy, inclusive mentorship.
- Ongoing professional development workshops.
- Thematic workshops and seminars around areas of strategic interest.
- Regular, less formal discussions, interest/research working groups around areas of interest to staff and collaborators.
- “Seed grants” or other startup opportunities that encourage faculty and graduate students to propose innovative projects supported by C-Hub.
- Short fellowship programs for graduate students, postdocs, and faculty.
C-Hub’s Annual Symposium 2024 is a prestigious event that brings together innovative ideas and thinkers to explore ‘Inclusive Communication’. This theme provides a platform for organizations and individuals to prioritize equity and inclusion, fostering effective communication structures that nurture engagement, creativity, and wellbeing.
We invite participants from Japan and across the world to engage in discussions, inquiry, and strategic thinking to explore how to: develop institutional cultures where every individual can thrive and their contributions are valued; instill ownership amongst leaders at all levels to actively foster inclusion and equity; empower those who identify as people from minoritized and underrepresented backgrounds to realize their full leadership potential.
We warmly invite you to join us for C-Hub's first symposium, "The Inclusive Mentoring mini-symposium" on Feb 16-17, 2022.