Ganjuu Wellbeing Service
* * * Welcome to the Ganjuu Wellbeing Service * * *
“Ganjuu” is an Okinawan word meaning ‘good, well, strong, healthy’. In order to thrive in the OIST environment, it helps to have a certain level of Ganjuu! Many factors (for example, physical health, change, working environment, family and social relationships, life events, deadlines, skills and experience) can influence our wellbeing and ability to thrive. We aim to support and nurture Ganjuu in the whole of the OIST community so that together we can build opportunities from these challenges.
The Ganjuu Wellbeing Service is free and open to anyone who is part of the OIST community. This includes anyone who works or studies at OIST as well as their family members. We provide services to children and adults and can work with individuals, couples, families and groups.
We are developing a range of services in both English and Japanese. If other languages are required we can work through interpreters.
- Support OIST to be a community which enhances the wellbeing of all of its members, by applying psychological knowledge and understanding across the organisation.
- Produce workshops to support development of skills which increase wellbeing and productivity.
- Offer consultation, advice and intervention in relation to range of problems that may impact on wellbeing within and outside of the workplace.
- Provide flexible, responsive services which could be in the form of a one-off meeting, developing workplace support, training or conciliation for teams or more traditional individual, couple, family or group sessions. No problem is too small or too large. We believe that it is better to get support early so that problems do not escalate in order that everyone can get the most out of their experience at OIST and in Okinawa. We are always happy to meet informally if you want to discuss whether we are the right service.
- Develop a range of resources including leaflets, online materials and other useful information aimed at supporting wellbeing.
We are very interested in benefiting from your insights and experience, and sharing your ideas for ways that we can help to build useful services. Please feel free to get in touch with us.
(Consultant Clinical Psychologist & Service Director)
- English speaking
- English & Japanese speaking
- English speaking
Location & Opening hours
OIST Lab 4, Level C Map
Open: 9:00-17:30 Monday-Friday
Closed: Weekends and OIST Holidays
(If you would like to access the service but are unable to attend during these times please contact us to discuss your needs)
Ganjuu Wellbeing Service 098-982-3327 ext. 23327 firstname.lastname@example.org
OIST Health Center 098-966-8945 ext. 18945
Your confidentiality is of prime importance to us. Our Confidentiality Guidelines are available to everyone at the time of their initial assessment and via the link below. If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy of your information please do not hesitate to discuss this with us prior to making an appointment.
Please see our 'Codes of Practice, Confidentiality and Data Protection Guidelines'.
Email: Email is not a secure or private means of communication. We understand that people may prefer to make some communications by email, but we would ask that you only do this after proper consideration of the risks. We will only use email to contact you with your permission, or in reply to a message that you send us, and we will not go into any detail about things we have discussed confidentially. Email communication will be printed and kept confidentially as part of your records.