Updated on 4 July 2023
- All the lectures take place in the Seminar Room, OIST Seaside House unless otherwise indicated.
- Meetings with faculty take place in Meeting room 2
- Student Lounge on 2F: Please feel free to use the space if there is no one(OIST group) inside.
Week 1 (June 19-24) : Methods
Opening sessions: Monday 19
- Greetings from the organizer(Tomoki Fukai), Parallel Session by Sungho Hong(OIST) and Izumi Fukunaga(OIST)
- Student poster presentations (14:00-15:30 Group1 / 15:30-17:00 Group2)
- Please prepare a poster of your current/recent work.
- Size : A0-A1, Dimension: W841mm x H1,189mm, Orientation : portrait
- Posters will be hung at the Lobby hall of the seaside house through the course period.
- Tuesday 20(9:30-12:30): "Neural network modeling of cognitive functions", Tomoki Fukai (OIST)
- Wednesday 21(14:00-17:00): "Functional optical imaging method", Bernd Kuhn (OIST)
- Thursday 22(15:00-18:00) by zoom: "Introduction to reinforcement learning and Bayesian inference", Kenji Doya (OIST)
- Friday 23(14:00-17:00): "Modeling Neurons: from points to 1D to 3D", Erik De Schutter (OIST)
- Saturday 24(14:00-17:00): "Modeling biochemical reactions, diffusion and reaction-diffusion systems", Erik De Schutter (OIST)
- Monday 19 (17:00-18:00/after the poster session) Docker image trouble shooting session
- Tuesday 20(14:00-14:30) Introduction of the tutors
- Tuesday 20 (14:30-17:00) Python by Jules Lallouette
- Wednesday 21 (9:30-12:30) NEST by Carlos Enrique Gutierrez
- Thursday 22 (10:00-12:30) NEURON by Gabriela Cirtala
- Thursday 22 (14:00-15:00) OptiNiSt by Yuzhe Li and Yukako Yamane
- Friday 23 (10:00-12:30) STEPS by Iain Hepburn and Jules Lallouette
- Saturday 24 (10:00-12:30) Brian by Inês C. Guerreiro
Week 2 (June 26- July 1): Neurons, Networks and Behavior 1
- Monday 26: "Manifolds of brain activity dynamics and dimensionality estimation", Prof. Gerald Pao (OIST)
- Tuesday 27: "The Neuron as a Network: Dendritic and Synaptic Computation through Molecules and Ions", Prof. Upinder Bhalla (NCBS, India)
- Thursday 29: "Introduction to hippocampal memory and its representation", Prof. Kazumasa Tanaka (OIST)
- Friday 30: "Why do we sleep?", Prof. Samuel Reiter (OIST)
- Saturday 01: "Features of synaptic strength regulation", Prof. Yukiko Goda (OIST)
- Wednesday 28(16:00-18:00), "Modeling synaptic plasticity", Prof. Claudia Clopath (Imperial College London, UK)
- For OISTers: the zoom link will not be published. If you are interested in attending the lecture, please come to Seaside House.
- Thursday 29 (14:00-17:00), organized by Bernd Kuhn, OIST.
- Synapse Biology Unit (Goda Unit)
- Computational Neuroethology Unit (Reiter Unit)
- Neural Computation Unit (Doya Unit)
- Optical Neuroimaging Unit (Kuhn Unit)
- Memory Research Unit (Kazu Tanaka Unit)
- Biological nonlinear dynamics data science unit (Pao Unit)
- We will leave for OIST Main campus by the shuttle bus at 13:45pm.
- For the return, please take the shuttle leaving at 17:30pm(OIST Auditorium[Map]=>Seaside House).
Week 3 (July 3-6): Neurons, Networks and Behavior 2
- Monday 03, "Title Dynamical analysis of neuronal excitability", Steve Prescott (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Tuesday 04, "Dendritic computation ", Mike Häusser (International Brain Laboratory)
- Wednesday 05, "The Free Energy Principle: A Neurobiological Generative AI?", Rosalyn Moran (King's College London, UK)[zoom link]
- Thursday 06, "Introduction to neural connectivity mapping", Jinny Kim (KIST, South Korea)
Thursday, 6 June: Final presentation by Students(14:00-17:00)
- [changed]Tuesday 27, Meeting with Prof.Doya, 14:30-16:00 by zoom
- Tuesday 27, Meeting with Prof.De Schutter, 14:00-16:00
- Wednesday 28, Meeting with Prof. Bhalla, 14:00-16:00
- Monday 03, Meeting with Prof. Prescott, 14:00-16:00
- Tuesday 04, Meeting with Prof. Hausser, 14:00-16:00
- Tuesday 04, Meeting with Prof. Reiter, 16:00-17:00
- Wednesday 05, Meeting with Prof. Kim, 14:00-16:00
- Wednesday 05, Meeting with Prof. Moran, 16:00-18:00