Updated on 26 May 2023
Link for OCNC2023Timetable, Weekly program(Week1, Week2, Week3), Tutor assignment
Link for OIST Seaside House Floor Map / Facility
- All the lectures take place in the Seminar Room, OIST Seaside House unless otherwise indicated.
- Meetings with faculty take place in Meeting room 2
- Student Lounge on 2F: Please feel free to use the space if there is no one(OIST group) inside.
Week 1 (June 19-24) : Methods
Opening sessions: Monday 19
- Greetings from the organizer(Tomoki Fukai), Parallel Session by Sungho Hong(OIST) and Izumi Fukunaga(OIST)
- Student poster presentations (14:00-15:30 Group1 / 15:30-17:00 Group2)
- Please prepare a poster of your current/recent work.
- Size : A0-A1, Dimension: W841mm x H1,189mm, Orientation : portrait
- Posters will be hung at the entrance hall of the seaside house through the course period.
- Tuesday 20(9:30-12:30): "Neural network modeling of cognitive functions", Tomoki Fukai (OIST)
- Wednesday 21(14:00-17:00): Bernd Kuhn (OIST)
- 1) Ion channel physiology and the Hodgkin-Huxley model of neuronal activity
- 2) Functional optical imaging
- Thursday 22(9:30-12:30): "Introduction to reinforcement learning and Bayesian inference", Kenji Doya (OIST)
- Friday 23(14:00-17:00): "Introduction to modeling neurons", Erik De Schutter (OIST)
- Saturday 24(14:00-17:00): "Modeling biochemical reactions, diffusion and reaction-diffusion systems", Erik De Schutter (OIST)
• 14:00-15:00 Introduction of the tutors
Week 2 (June 26- July 1): Neurons, Networks and Behavior 1
- Monday 26: "Manifolds of brain activity dynamics and dimensionality estimation", Prof. Gerald Pao (OIST)
- Tuesday 27: "The Neuron as a Network: Dendritic and Synaptic Computation through Molecules and Ions", Prof. Upinder Bhalla (NCBS, India)
- Thursday 29: "Introduction to hippocampal memory and its representation", Prof. Kazumasa Tanaka (OIST)
- Friday 30: "Why do we sleep?", Prof. Samuel Reiter (OIST)
- Saturday 01: "Features of synaptic strength regulation", Prof. Yukiko Goda (OIST)
- Wednesday 28(16:00-18:00), Prof. Claudia Clopath (Imperial College London, UK)
- Thursday 29 (14:15-17:00), organized by Bernd Kuhn, OIST.
- We will leave for OIST Main campus by the shuttle bus at 14:20pm.
Week 3 (July 3-6): Neurons, Networks and Behavior 2
- Monday 03, "Title Dynamical analysis of neuronal excitability", Steve Prescott (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Tuesday 04, "Dendritic computation ", Mike Häusser (University College London, UK)
- Wednesday 05, "The Free Energy Principle: A Neurobiological Generative AI?", Rosalyn Moran (King's College London, UK)
- Thursday 06, "Introduction to neural connectivity mapping", Jinny Kim (KIST, South Korea)
Thursday, 6 June: Final presentation by Students(14:00-17:00)
- Kenji Doya (OIST): Monday 26 June, 14:00-16:00