24-hour Library Access
OIST Graduate University Library is open 24 hours via keycard access for eligible users with a valid SECOM card.
Circulation and any other staffed services are available within regular business hours 9 am - 5:30 pm (Mon - Fri).
The following users have 24-hour access to the library.
- PhD Students
- Faculty members
- Researchers (including JSPS fellow)
- STG members
- Administrative staff
The following users can have 24-hour access to the library with specific approval.
- Individuals with visiting member status (e.g., visiting professors, students and interns)
Visitors can request 24-hour access to the library by downloading 24-Hour Library Access Request Form and obtaining the signature of one of the following approvers. Please submit the signed form to the library.
- Dean (for visiting students, including research interns and special research students)
- Faculty members (for research unit staff, including visiting researchers)
- Librarian (visiting professors)
The request will be processed within 2-3 business days; however, not all requests will be approved due to limited space.
The service desk is unstaffed outside the regular business hours of 9 am - 5:30 pm (Mon - Fri), so please turn on/off lights and air-conditioners yourself, if necessary.
We request that all users follow University Library Rules 6.3.2.