OIST Mini Symposium "Nanoclusters in Action"
Nanocluster Beam Deposition (NBD) characterizes a class of gas phase synthesis methods for producingmultifunctional clusters and nanoparticles (NPs) from individual atoms or molecules. It is well suited tobecome the standard approach for the fabrication of nanocluster-based devices and functionalnanomaterials. The synthesis process starts by the nucleation of sub-nanometric clusters in an inert-gasatmosphere followed by cluster coagulation, coalescence and growth. After formation, clusters aredeposited on suitable substrates or integrated into functional devices.
The topics covered by the symposium are focused on the application of Nanoclusters in theNanotechnology and Biomedical field which includes
- Scale-up of cluster production: Focus on the different approaches for scaling-up the technology andincreasing the yield.
- Applications in environmental sensors: Focus on the utilization of nanoclusters for gas sensingapplications, pollution monitoring, etc.
- Applications in nano-devices: Application of randomly deposited nanoclusters for miniaturizedelectronic device fabrication, and scrutinize lifetime stability.
- Applications in heterogeneous catalysis: Focus on the application of nanoclusters in electro-catalysis, photocatalysis, energy storage, etc.
- Applications in biomedical systems: Applications of the nanoclusters in the biosensors, biomedicalcoatings, neural electrodes
Subscribe to the OIST Calendar: Right-click to download, then open in your calendar application.