2019 SCORE! Creating the Next Generation of Scientists, Engineers, and Entrepreneurs
What is SCORE?!?
SCORE! is designed to promote senior high school students’ hands-on science education and interest in entrepreneurship, as well as to support English language education and the goal of becoming a global citizenship.
- Do a science project—something new or something you’ve done before.
- Think about how the project can be used in business or daily life. How can you make money from it? How can you make life simpler or better?
- Enter SCORE!
- Give a short oral presentation about your project.
- Prizes include round-trip tickets from Okinawa to the U.S., iPads, and an internship opportunity at OIST.
|When:||December 14, 2019|
|Where:||Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University Auditorium|
|Who:||All senior high school-aged students in Okinawa are eligible|
Deadlines and Schedule
|Jun 20, 2019||Website application submission starts|
|Oct 18, 2019||Deadline for applications|
Oct 31, 2019
|Applicants notified of their acceptance|
Nov 22, 2019
|Applicants must submit presentation material (e.g., presentation slides) and abstracts online via the website|
|Dec 14, 2019||SCORE! Main Event in the OIST Auditorium|
- SCORE! 2019 Poster (PDF)
- SCORE! 2019 Outline (PDF)
- SCORE English Evaluation Sheet (PDF)
- SCORE Japanese Evaluation Sheet (PDF)
|Event name||The 8th Annual SCORE! Science in Okinawa: Research for Enterprise|
|Purpose||This contest is designed to promote senior high school students’ hands-on science education and interest in entrepreneurship, as well as to support English language education and the goal of becoming a global citizenship.|
|Venue||Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna Village, Okinawa
|Date||Saturday, December 14, 2019 09:00-18:00|
Join as Supporters or Observers
The event starts at 9:00. Come and watch the science presentation competition by high school students in Okinawa! Admission Free. No Reservation Required.
Okinawa Prefectural Board of Education
Okinawa Association of English Education, Inc.
People's Council for Promotion of OIST