2nd Annual SCORE!
Creating the Next Generation of Scientists, Engineers, and Entrepreneurs
2nd Annual SCORE! took place on Saturday, November 2, 2013, in the OIST Auditorium in Tancha, Onna, Okinawa, Japan.
Read an article about the 2nd Annual SCORE! on the OIST News Center website.
An all expense paid study tour to San Francisco and Silicon Valley went to Haruna Miyazato (3rd Year), Rui Yamashiro (2nd Year), Mako Chibana (2nd Year) from the National Okinawa College of Technology for their project “The development of an antiviral energy drink by using azuki and honey.”
Nanami Hokama (2nd Year) and Tae Nakama (2nd Year) of Kaiho Senior High School won 2nd Prize for the project the “Fundamental research on teachers support at elementary school with sense of number.”
Miyu Nikawadori (2nd Year), Kikka Uezu (2nd Year), and Yuma Umezaki (2nd Year) of Chubu Norin Senior High School were rewarded 3rd Prize for their project “Connect to the future! Putting thought on the Lequois Heart."
A special prize was awarded to Kazuki Shikina (1st Year) of Kyuyo Senior High School for the project “The research of Habenaria Dentata, an Okinawan wild orchid.”
Record of Deadlines, Details, and Materials
- Applications Closed: September 30, 2013
- Applicants notified of acceptance: Friday, October 4, 2013
- Deadline for submission of presentation materials: Friday, October 25, 2013
- Science Fair: Saturday, November 2, 2013
Information, Flyers, and Forms Archive:
- Flyer (English)
- Flyer (Japanese)
- Outline for Event (English/Japanese)
- Evaluation Sheet (English)
- Evaluation Sheet (Japanese)
- Agenda (English/Japanese)
Okinawa Senior High School
Science Education Association