Workshop: "Speaking about science"
**Sponsored by OIST Graduate School**
Target Audience: Graduate Students and Researchers
Session format: Interactive seminar
Speaker: Scott Morgan, The Morgan Group
- We cover the structure, organization, design, and delivery of scientific talks. There are worksheets and/or exercises for each topic as we discuss seven structural components and two major delivery techniques.
- Learn the components of a good scientific presentation. These skills ensure that any talk is relevant, focused, digestible, visually helpful, and dynamic.
- For any scientist, at any level.
The workshop also covers slide design and creating a clear, linear flow to the scientific
narrative. Important topics include:
- High Contrast
- Visualizing Data
- Limiting text
- Schematics and Cartoons
- Compare and Contrasting Data
- Controlling the rate and flow of information
- Using animation and movies
- Practicing verbal transitions
Registration is required . Registration deadline: October 11th 2018