COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines for External Events at OIST
- Due to increased number of COVID-19 infections, we are temporarily suspending the acceptance of new reservations for our conference facilities. The timeline for reopening reservations will be announced on this website once decided.
- After reservations restart, special restrictions may apply depending on the venue.
- When using OIST venues, please follow the COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines for External Events at OIST.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OIST encourages outside organizations to use university venues for events which contribute to world-class research and education in science and technology and industrial development in Okinawa.
The following guidelines for external event users are based on the Guideline for events sponsored by Okinawa prefecture (Japanese language only) and the general OIST COVID-19 guidelines, both subject to change.
- Events can be held on the condition that social distancing can be maintained and the 3Cs (closed space, crowded space, close contact) are avoided.
- For indoor events, the room occupancy rate must be no more than 50% of the maximum capacity of the venue.
- Those who have suspected symptoms should not be allowed to participate. (in accordance to Okinawa Prefectural Government (OPG) guidance)
Countermeasures of OIST
- Frequently touched surfaces and areas such as buttons, doorknobs, and handrails are regularly disinfected.
- Hand dryers in restrooms have been turned off and paper towels are provided instead.
- The number of people allowed together in the elevators is limited to max. 6 people. (After touching buttons or handrails, do not touch you face or mouth and wash and disinfect your hands with alcohol, and refrain from talking inside the elevator.)
Request to organizers
- Arrange seats with space at least 2m in between.
- Make sure everyone always wears masks indoors.
- Everyone must disinfect their hands when entering or leaving the venue. (We ask all organizers to prepare disinfectants such as alcohol or gels, etc. A limited amount of disinfectant is provided at the venue.)
- Maintain a safe distance when entering and leaving the venue to avoid crowding and consider an event program that allows separating the entrances or dividing the entering time.
- Open doorways and windows and always ventilate, or open windows once per hour for ventilation.
- Disinfect shared items such as microphones, remote-control of projector, touch panels for lighting and video conferencing, air conditioner’s control panel etc. at venue.
- Avoid talking whenever possible.
- Disinfect venue after use. (especially chairs, table surfaces, doorknobs, handrails, etc.)
- Please set up either a pre-registration or on-site registration for all attendees, and collect their contact information (name, phone number, email address, etc.). Information on the health status (body temperature, health condition, etc.) of all participants should also be collected. Please manage the participants’ information appropriately and store for at least 14 days after the end of event to allow for contact tracing in the event of a confirmed infection. (cf. Handling of personal data for preventing the spread of Novel-Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease)
- Inform participants in advance about the implemented countermeasures to prevent the spread of infection.
- Ask participants to use COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA).
Request to participants
Participants are asked to:
- Bring and wear mask and wash hands with soap and disinfect fingers thoroughly.
- Maintain a sufficient distance between the speakers and other participants.
- Avoid having interactions before and after the event and during the breaks.
- Agree to the collecting information such as name, phone number, and health status in the event of a confirmed infection.
- Cooperate with the procedures of the local Public Health Center, in the event of a confirmed infection.
- Cooperate by self-isolating for 14 days if identified as a close-contacts case.
- Check health condition before attending an event by measuring body temperature etc.
- Refrain from attending an event if one falls into one of the following categories: ( cf. Guideline for events sponsored by Okinawa prefecture Japanese language only)
- Those who have symptoms of fever
- Those who have cold symptoms
- hose who have taken a medical examination or taken medication due to fever or cold symptoms within the past 14 days.
- Those who have visited regions or countries where infection has spread within 14 days.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
As of 2020/7/27 (2020-OIST-RSD-0263)