COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines for External Events at OIST
- Due to increased number of COVID-19 infections, we are temporarily suspending the acceptance of new reservations for our conference facilities. The timeline for reopening reservations will be announced on this website once decided.
- After reservations restart, special restrictions may apply depending on the venue.
- When using OIST venues, please follow the COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines for External Events at OIST.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
OIST encourages outside organizations to use university venues for events which contribute to world-class research and education in science and technology and industrial development in Okinawa.
The following guidelines for external event users are based on the Guideline for events sponsored by Okinawa prefecture (Japanese language only) and the general OIST COVID-19 guidelines, both subject to change.
- Events can be held on the condition that social distancing can be maintained and the 3Cs (closed space, crowded space, close contact) are avoided.
- For indoor events, the room occupancy rate must be no more than 50% of the maximum capacity of the venue.
- Those who have suspected symptoms should not be allowed to participate. (in accordance to Okinawa Prefectural Government (OPG) guidance)
Request to organizers
Before and after the event:
- Please set up either a pre-registration or on-site registration for all attendees, and collect their contact information (name, phone number, email address, etc.). Information on the health status (body temperature, health condition, etc.) of all participants should also be collected. Please manage the participants’ information appropriately and store for at least 14 days after the end of the event to allow for contact tracing in the case of a confirmed infection. (cf. Handling of personal data for preventing the spread of Novel-Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease
- Thoroughly implement infection prevention measures in accordance with industryspecific guidelines and OIST guidelines. Inform participants in advance about the implemented countermeasures to prevent the spread of infection by announcing it on your event’s website, etc.
- If your event charges participation fees, please consider implementing ways to refund the fees and publicize the refund policy in advance. A refund will encourage symptomatic people to stay home and discourage them from participating in the event.
- Ask participants who are not feeling well to refrain from participating. In addition, encourage participants to carefully consider their participation if they are coming from areas where the local government has issued an official request to refrain from going out.
- Determine rules regarding restrictions on participants before the event and clarify the rules regarding temperature checks at the entrance and restrictions on the entrance of people with fever or symptoms. Make these regulations known to the attendees and submit them to OIST in advance.
- Ask participants to use contact tracing apps such as COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) and Real-time Interactive CORONA Catch Application (RICCA)（JP only）
- The venue should be used at 50% or less of its maximum capacity. The total number of people, include staff and organizers, should never exceed 50%.
- Set up seating arrangement to ensure that a sufficient distance of 1m or more is always maintained between the speakers, and between the speakers and the audience.
- Make sure everyone, including event staff and organizers, always wears masks indoors.
- Allocate sufficient personnel at the entrance of the venue, lobby area, etc. to guide attendees and help them avoid crowding.
- Everyone must disinfect their hands when entering or leaving the venue. (Each event organizer should prepare disinfectants such as alcohol or gels, etc.)
- Maintain a safe distance when entering and leaving the venue to avoid crowding and consider an event program that allows separating the entrances or dividing the entering time.
- Keep doors and windows open to maintain constant ventilation, or open windows once per hour.
- Disinfect shared items such as microphones, remote-controls of projectors, touch panels for lights and videoconferencing, control panels of air conditioners etc. at the venue. Use ethanol (70% or higher) or a special disinfectant for equipment. Do not use gel-type disinfectants.
- Minimize conversations and talking whenever possible.
- Frequently disinfect the areas that participants touch directly. In addition, disinfect the venue after the end of the event (especially chairs, table surfaces, doorknobs, handrails, etc.)
- Strictly implement infection prevention measures during meal breaks. Restrict eating and drinking to the designated meal areas, where special prevention measures have been taken. Thoroughly disinfect the areas after using.
Request to participants
Participants are asked to:
- Bring and wear a mask, practice good cough etiquette and wash hands with soap and disinfect fingers thoroughly.
- Maintain a sufficient distance (1m and more) between yourself, the speakers, and other participants
- Minimize interactions before and after the event and during the breaks.
- Eat only inside the designated meal areas and avoid crowding during meals. Do not eat inside the venue.
- Use contact tracing apps such as COCOA (COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application or RICCA (Real-time Interactive CORONA Catch Application).
- Agree to the collecting of information such as name, phone number, and health status in the event of a confirmed infection.
- Cooperate by self-isolating for 14 days if identified as a close-contacts case.
- Check health condition before attending an event by measuring body temperature etc.
- Refrain from attending an event if one falls into one of the following categories: ( cf. Guideline for events sponsored by Okinawa prefecture Japanese language only)
- Those who have symptoms of fever
- Those who have cold symptoms
- hose who have taken a medical examination or taken medication due to fever or cold symptoms within the past 14 days.
- Those who have visited regions or countries where infection has spread within 14 days.
As of 2021/6/8 (2021-OIST-RSD-0211)
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
[External link] Guideline for events sponsored by Okinawa prefecture (As of 2021/4/16)