Science Challenge Workshop Information
Welcome to OIST Science Challenge!
What to bring?
- Liability and health insurance - for students in Japan
- E-ticket for your flight (travel insurance as optional)
- Laptop/portable device (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot bring one)
- Proper shoes for lab activities - ex: sneakers
- Japanese yen in cash - see details below
- (For international students) power plug converter - AC outlet in Japn is Type A, 100 volts/60Hz
Arrival Information (to be updated for Science Challenge 2022)
A light dinner box will be served when you arrive at accommodation on the arrival day. However, if you want some snack and drinks etc., it is recommended that you purchase at the airport as the nearest convenience store from the accommodation is 45 minute walk.
Workshop Schedule (to be updated for Science Chellenge 2022 )
Workshop Handbook (to be updated for Science Challenge 2022)
Accommodation and Campus
Available amenities at your accommodation include:
- Public WIFI - LAN cable in each room
- Laundry and detergent
- Body soap
- Tooth Brush
- Hair Dryer
- Shared refrigerator
- Shared microwave
- Vending machine - drinks and snacks
• Main campus: Jimmy's convenience store open from Monday to Saturday, from 10:00am - 7:30pm
• Off campus: the nearest convenience store is about 3 km from OIST
Cafeteria is available on campus - For more information, click HERE
Workshop Transportation (to be confirmed)
OIST will provide you a bus transportation between Seaside House and OIST Main Campus from March 14th to 18th.
Departure time from Seaside House to OIST Main Campus - 8:15am
- Report to email@example.com immediately
- Contact airline staff at the airport counter, and check for alternative flight
- Send us the rescheduled flight information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We cannot issue a new ticket if you missed your flight due to your personal reason.