OIST Science Challenge
OIST Science Challenge 2018 will be providing participants with a unique opportunity to extend their scientific education and experience research. We also offer valuable information to help them prepare for a doctoral program. Through various interactions with OIST faculty, postdocs, and Ph.D students, the participants will learn about research conducted at OIST, skills needed to survive and enjoy a Ph.D life. At the end of the workshop, participants will be asked to present submitted slide presentation on the "Joy of Discovery" in light of their experience throughout the week. The presentation will be shared with OIST community.
Airfare, travel insurance, accommodation, and meals during the workshop will be provided by OIST.
"Joy of Discovery"
This year's theme is "Joy of Discovery". We hope that you are excited about learning and discovering new things in your scientific life, and we want you to tell us about that! This workshop will be a chance to reflect on why you are drawn to science and how you plan to capitalize on that to make your future career a success.
Time & Place
Time: March 10th (Sat) - 17th (Sat), 2018
Place: Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST)
(Watch the OIST video!)
- Undergraduate, College of Technology, Master’s students in science, engineering, or related major
- Able to take part in the OIST Science Challenge 2018 in full
- Slide presentation on the theme "Joy of Discovery" (no more than 6 slides)
- Write a statement of the reasons why you wish to apply for the workshop, under 200 words in English, on the last page of the slide presentation.
- Your presentation can contain up to 7 slides in total, including the 200 words statement, and saved under 30MB.
January 31st, 2018 (Wed)
Application materials will be carefully reviewed in following criteria.
- Passion and curiosity for Science
From submitted applications, 20 to 30 candidates will be selected and invited to the workshop. During the final slide presentation of those candidates, the following criteria will also be considered:
- Engagement with the audience
- Respect of time constraints
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (OIST Admissions and Career Development Section)