-This site will be updated-
RMT2015: Random matrix theory from fundamental mathematics to biological applications
Term of Workshop:
- Begin Accepting Applications: July 29, 2015
- Application Deadline: September 10, 2015
- Notification of Application Results: Sep 14, 2015
- Participants arrive in Okinawa: Novebmer 1, 2015
- Participants depart Okinawa: November 7, 2015
Following RMT2012 and RMT2013 the RMT2015 will be the 3rd in its series. RMT2012 looked at neural networks, brain memory, biological developments, disorder systems. Topics of RMT2013 were supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory, solvable models, conformal field theory. RMT2015 will fill the gap between these two previous workshop, focusing on the fundamental mathematical theory. The un-orientable Riemann surfaces will be one of the workshop's topics. This fundamental mathematical theory has great importance for the application to biology, for instance secondary RNA structure.
We will have 40 participants including 8 lecturers. Students and post-docs are encouraged for participations. All participants are invited only for the reason of the limited space. Please apply online by filling in the webform on the "Application" page for selections. The invited participants are fully supported for the traffic transfer, accommodations and meals.
OIST will handle the logistics of accommodation, travel, and meals for all workshop participants. OIST will also help with arranging visas when necessary.
☆There will be short talks or poster representations.
Applicants those who want to present are encouraged to send the title and the abstract through webform.
Lecturers: to be updated
- David Nelson (Harvard University)
- Kazumasa Takeuchi (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- Jean-Bernard Zuber (Université Pierre et Marie Curie)
- Paul Zinn-Justin (Universite Pierre et Marie Curie)
- Joergen Andersen (QGM, Arhus University)
- Ayumi Kikkawa (OIST)
*OIST is deeply committed to the advancement of women in science, in Japan and worldwide. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.*
Last Updated on July 24, 2015