Random Matrix Theory - Fluctuation in Complex Systems
Term of Workshop : October 27 - November 1, 2013
Organizer : Shinobu Hikami (Mathematical and Theoretical Physics Unit, OIST)
Location:OIST Seaside House & C209-C210
- Begin Accepting Applications: July 22, 2013
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2013 Closed
- Notification of Application Results: Sep 2, 2013
- Participants arrive in Okinawa: October 26, 2013
- Participants depart Okinawa: November 2, 2013
Now in its second year, the OIST workshop "RMT2013" aims to bring togther scientists from diverse backgrounds, in order to discuss key questions in Random Matrix Theory for fluctuation in complex systems.
Topics to be addressed :
- Moduli space, intersection numbers, and Riemann zeta.
- Protein folding, topology, secondary structure of RNA.
- Field theory, conformal field theory, and RMT.
- Entanglement, network and statistics.
We will have 40 participants including 8 lecturers. Students and post-docs are encouraged for participations. All participants are invited only for the reason of the limited space. Please apply online by filling in the webform on the "Application" page for selections. The invited participants are fully supported for the traffic transfer, accommodations and meals.
OIST will handle the logistics of accommodation, travel, and meals for all workshop participants. OIST will also help with arranging visas when necessary.
- E. Brezin (ENS)
- N. Deo (Delhi)
- Y. Ikhlef (Paris VI)
- J. Jacobsen (ENS)
- V. Kazakov(ENS)
- I. Kostov (Saclay)
- A. Lakshminarayan (IITM)
- D. Serban (Saclay)
*OIST is deeply committed to the advancement of women in science, in Japan and worldwide. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.*
Last Updated on November 2, 2013