Contact & FAQ
- Email: rmt2015[at] oist.jp
- Mail: 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0412 JAPAN
- OIST Campus C209, Onna-son, Okinawa
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can apply?
Undergraduate/ Msc/ PhD students, post-docs and researchers at universities or academic/ industrial institutes.
2. Are there any application or registration fees?
OIST will assist with logistics for travel, accommodation, and meals during the workshop. Please see the calendar for details, and please read the OIST travel rules: Travel Rules RMT2015
Flights and accommodation will be arranged by OIST.
- Bureau de Change: No Currency Exchange Service available at either Naha airport or OIST. Money Exchange in your country or at major airports (Narita/Kansai/Nagoya) is strongly recommended.
- ATMs: ATMs for credit card cashing are available in Naha Airport or nearby post offices/ some convenience stores. Please be advised that some credit cards might not be accepted due to credit card policy. (Most of the case, credit card issued abroad)
Average temperature around this time of the year is 22-29 Celsius. It can rain heavily sometimes and be very humid as May is rainy season.
OIST Workshops are usually performed in informal style (no suit and tie), thus please feel free to dress casually and travel light.
The AC outlet in Japan is 100 volt, and fits plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.
FACILITIES OF SEASIDE HOUSE
- Internet: Wireless Internet available in public space. Wired LAN is available in guest rooms.
- Amenities: Shampoo&rinse, body soap, toothbrush set, hair dryer and room slippers.
- Laundry rooms: equipped with washer-dryers, detergent and ironing board sets.
- Phones: Public phone available in the lobby area. Calling card is required to make a domestic/international phone call. You may wish to purchase international calling cards at major airport as they are not provided at Seaside House. Some credit cards work by entering your credit card numbers and PIN code. Phone equipped in each guest room is for in-house calls only.