Workshop: "Navigating a successful research career"
Target Audience: OIST Researchers
Session format: Interactive workshop
Speaker: Dr Kerstin Fritsches, Managing Director and Head Trainer of PostdocTraining, Australia
- selecting a pathway that best suits your strengths and preferences
- designing and executing job search strategy
- building a network of contacts and mentors who can actively support your career choices
- understanding the core skills and experience that employers most value
By the end of this session participants will be able to...
- understand how to selec a career path based on your strengths and preferences
- plan a job exploration strategy and build a strong network
- identify a set of specific, practical actions to strengthen your profile and give you a potentially crucial edge in applications and interviews
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Spaces are limited to 25 participants.
Registration deadline: December 8, 2017
TO REGISTER for THE WORKSHOP CLICK HERE
TO REGISTER for MENTORING SESSIONS with DR. FRITSCHES CLICK HERE
About the Speaker:
Dr. Kerstin Fritsches is a former research fellow with first-hand experience of the challenges facing early career researchers and a strong track record in postdoc affairs and career development. A lack of effective career training for PhDs led Kerstin to found PostdocTraining in 2011, to bridge a gap in professional development by delivering support tailored specifically for PhD students and postdocs.
PostdocTraining delivers career development support and mentoring for researchers worldwide and Kerstin has become a sought-after workshop facilitator on topics such as career planning and research leadership in both Europe and Australia.