Interactive Webinar: "Effective Visual Communication of Science"
Target Audience: PostDocs and other researchers who have to communicate complex ideas and results
Session format: Interactive webinar with fundamentals, real examples, and practical advice
Facilitator: Dr. Jernej Zupanc, Visual Communication Strategist & Trainer, Seyens Ltd., University of Ljubljana
People are 'visual creatures'. When reading research papers, conference posters or viewing slide presentations, we tend to look at figures first. If created properly, figures are the most effective way to attract audience, explain complex ideas in the shortest amount of time and raise your credibility.
By the end of this session participants will ...
- understand how design principles can be applied to to make scientific ideas and results more easily understood by peer scientists or other audiences
- get feedback from the facilitator on their own scientific figures
- be able to get expert advice on any question regarding visual communication in scientific papers, grant proposals, conference posters, and presentation slides
We will comprehensively cover all aspects of science communication that is visual. The webinar is interactive and adapted to the audiences' research topics.
- Communicating with scientific vs non-scientific audiences
- Visual perception and what humans find intuitive
- Colors: how to amplify, not ‘fancify’
- Visual organization: simplifying comprehension through structured layout
- Eye-flow: effortlessly guide the audience through the design
PARTICIPANTS CAN GET FEEDBACK ON THEIR FIGURES (submitted before the webinar)
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Spaces are limited to 16 participants. The priority is giving to Postdoctoral Scholars.
Registration deadline: April 14, 2020
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE.
Past-event survey SUMMARY of the 2-day workshop facilitated by Dr. Zupanc