Okinawa School in Physics 2018: Coherent Quantum Dynamics (CQD2018)
The study of quantum coherent dynamics is currently one of the most active and exciting areas in physics. It holds the promise for the development of new technologies (quantum computing, quantum metrology,...) and, at the same time, has already delivered insights into the foundations of quantum mechanics. Its fast moving pace and new approach has attracted many young researchers and summer schools - at which leading experts share their knowledge and directly interact with the participants - have become an integral part of the community.
The school will consist of lectures delivered by Japanese and international experts on the fundamentals of the area. This will be supplemented by accessible presentations (colloquia) on cutting-edge research problems. All participants should present a poster based on their current research.
Location: OIST Seaside House
OIST is deeply committed to the advancement of women in science, in Japan and worldwide. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Jacqueline Bloch, Centre de Nanosciences et de Nanotechnologies, CNRS, Université Paris-Sud, Université Paris-Saclay, France (L)
Patrik Öhberg, Institute of Photonics and Quantum Sciences (IPaQS), Heriot-Watt University, UK (L)
Tanya Zelevinsky, Columbia University, USA (L)
Sebastian Wüster, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal, India (L)
Markus Arndt, University of Vienna, Austria (L)
- Application Open: around 15 March 2018
- Application Deadline: 20 May 2018
- Deadline for Reference Letters: 30 May 2018
- Notification of Application Results:July 2017
- Participants arrive on Okinawa: September 24, 2017
- Participants depart Okinawa: October 05, 2017
- Thomas Busch, OIST Graduate University: Organising and Programme Committee
- Síle Nic Chormaic, OIST Graduate University: Organising and Programme Committee
- Yasunobu Nakamura, The University of Tokyo: Programme Committee
- Yoshiro Takahashi, Kyoto University: Programme Committee