OIST Developmental Neurobiology Course 2018
Monday, July 30, 2018 (All day) to Monday, August 13, 2018 (All day)
OIST Main Campus, Seminar Room C209
- Duration: July 30 – August 13, 2018
- Venue: OIST Campus
- Organizing Institution: Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
- Language: All lectures will be given in English.
- Contact: dnc.secretariat[at]oist.jp
- Begin Accepting Applications: February 9, 2018
- Application Deadline:
March 11, 2018 => March 25, 2018 (extended)
- Notification of Application Results: by mid April, 2018
- Participants arrive in Okinawa: July 30, 2018
- Participants depart Okinawa: August 13, 2018
- Deadline: March 11, 2018
- To apply to participate in the workshop, please go to the application form.
- The course is targeted mainly to Ph.D. students and junior postdocs.
- OIST provides full coverage of lodging, meals and tuition. We are also hoping to provide a modest travel subsidy to defray part of the cost of travel to and from Okinawa (The travel subsidy cannot be guaranteed at this moment. The related information will be updated on this page). However, we strongly encourage applicants to seek external grants for travel. For more information, please go to Travel and Accommodation page.
- Yoko Yazaki-Sugiyama (OIST Neuronal Mechanism for Critical Period Unit)
- Ichiro Masai (OIST Developmental Neurobiology Unit)
- David Van Vactor (Harvard Medical School/OIST Formation and Regulation of Neuronal Connectivity Unit)
- Hiroshi Kawasaki (Kanazawa University)
- Hiroshi Kohsaka (University of Tokyo)
Course Faculty and Lecturers
- Erwin Neher (Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen)
- Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard (Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Tübingen)
- Thomas R. Clandinin (Stanford University)
- Yasunori Hayashi (Kyoto University)
- Takao Hensch (Harvard University)
- Suresh Jesuthasan (Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology)
- Mineko Kengaku (Kyoto University)
- Stephan Liberles (Harvard Medical School)
- Hitoshi Okamoto (RIKEN Brain Science Institute)
- Noriko Osumi (Tohoku University)
- Iris Salecker (The Francis Crick Institute)
- Felix E. Schweizer (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Nirao Shah (Stanford University)
- Tomoyuki Takahashi (OIST)
- Ryohei Yoshida (Max Planck Florida Institute)
- Yoshihiro Yoshihara (RIKEN Brain Science Institute)
- Stephanie A. White (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Yimin Zou (University of California, San Diego)
OIST is deeply committed to the advancement of women in science, in Japan and worldwide. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information, please check the DNC 2018 Official Website.
Sunday, March 25, 2018 (All day)
Import this Event: Right-click to download, then open in your calendar application.
Subscribe to the OIST Calendar: Right-click to download, then open in your calendar application.