Grant Pre-submission Form
When: One month prior to the sponsor deadline or as soon as possible
Who: All researchers who are planning to apply for external funding as a PI or to host a JSPS fellow* (no need to submit the form if the fellow candidate is applying via an overseas nominating authority)
Why: In Japan, research funding is entrusted to the university instead of individuals. Applicants must obtain the university’s approval before applying. Your application information will be evaluated and approved by multiple sections, please try to provide correct and complete information as required.
*If you are a host researcher for a prospective fellow (from Japan or overseas) who is planning to apply for the JSPS fellowship, you instead of the prospective fellow should be the one to submit the form.
Procedures by Applicant (PI of the proposed project or fellowship host researcher)
- Before submitting the form, please make sure that you have discussed with your supervisor (the leading Professor/Associate Professor of your unit) about the grant application and obtained his/her approval.
- Go to the "KAKENHI Pre-submission Form" (all KAKENHI programs) or "Grant/ Fellowship Pre-submission Form" (fellowship or grants other than KAKENHI).
- Fill out and submit the form.
- An automated e-mail will be sent to your supervisor after you submit the form. As internal procedures can only be processed after we have received his/her confirmation, please remind your supervisor to reply as soon as possible to make the process smoother.
- Once your supervisor approved the Grants and Research Collaborations Section will start the internal procedures.
- Please note that we will ONLY contact those who failed the internal approval process.
Thank you for your cooperation.