Contact & FAQ
QECG2012 Secretariat Office
- Email: qecg2012secretariat [at] oist.jp
- Mail: 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0412 JAPAN
- Seaside House, Onna-son, Okinawa
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can apply to QECG2012 workshop?
Undergraduate/ Msc/ PhD students, post-docs and researchers at universities or academic/ industrial institutes.
2. Is there any registration fee to participate in QECG2012?
OIST will cover your round trip air-ticket (from/ to the airport nearest to your institute) and meals in Okinawa during the workshop. All the participants are expected to arrive in Okinawa on Friday August 3rd and depart from Okinawa on Friday August 18th. For more details, please find OIST travel rules: OIST Travel Rules for Participants
3. When could I expect to know my participation in QECG2012?
- Application Deadline: May 1st, 2012
- Notification of participation from Secretariat Office: May 5, 2012
- Contact from OIST travel agent for flight arrangement: After notification of acceptance
- Deadline for your photograph and short bio for our web site: June 1st, 2012
4. Does everyone need to submit a poster abstract?
We will have two poster sessions during the workshop. Every participant is expected to submit a poster abstract and present a poster. Some may be selected for 15-minute talks.
Flights and accommodation will be arranged by OIST.
- Bureau de Change: No Currency Exchange Service available at either Naha airport or OIST. Money Exchange in your country or at major airports (Narita/Kansai/Nagoya) is strongly recommended.
- ATMs: ATMs for credit card cashing are available in Naha Airport or nearby post offices/ some convenience stores. Please be advised that some credit cards might not be accepted due to credit card policy. (Most of the case, credit card issued abroad)
Average temperature around this time of the year is 22-29 Celsius. It can rain heavily sometimes and be very humid as May is rainy season.
OIST Workshops are usually performed in informal style (no suit and tie), thus please feel free to dress casually and travel light.
The AC outlet in Japan is 100 volt, and fits plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.
FACILITIES OF SEASIDE HOUSE
- Internet: Wireless Internet available in public space. Wired LAN is available in guest rooms.
- Amenities: Shampoo&rinse, body soap, toothbrush set, hair dryer and room slippers.
- Laundry rooms: equipped with washer-dryers, detergent and ironing board sets.
- Phones: Public phone available in the lobby area. Calling card is required to make a domestic/international phone call. You may wish to purchase international calling cards at major airport as they are not provided at Seaside House. Some credit cards work by entering your credit card numbers and PIN code. Phone equipped in each guest room is for in-house calls only.