E-workshop series: "Designing Your Life".
Target Audience: Researchers and Graduate Students.
Course format: 4 2-3 hrs interactive sessions. Some homework such as journaling, video viewing, etc is included.
Facilitator: Dr. Irina Filonova, OIST Postdoctoral Development Specialist.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to...
- Understand how to use design thinking to explore careers;
- Apply designer midset to address "wicked" problems;
- Prototype 3 alternative careers and develop strategies to test them.
July 16, 13:00 - 15:00ish
- Introduction to life design;
- Design thinking framework & mindset;
- Dysfunctional believes;
- Aligning your work and life view.
- HW: Good and Bad time journal
July 21, 13:00 - 15:00ish
- Framing the problem;
- Brainstorming solutions;
- Finding your flow and engagement;
- Introduction to Odessey planning.
- HW: Developing your Odessey plan
July 30, 13:00 - 15:00ish
- Ways of knowing;
- Prototyping your Odessey plan;
- Reframing networking.
- HW: Developing your prototype and networking strategy
August 6, 13:-15:00ish
- Decision making;
- Dealing with failures and setbacks;
- Bringing it all together.
Follow up: TBD
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Participants MUST attend all 4 sessions. Spaces are limited to 12 participants. Alternative dates will be provided for people who are on the waiting list.
Registration deadline: July 13, 2020.
To register CLICK HERE