Contact & FAQ
- Email: yumi.takahashi (at) oist.jp
- Mail: 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0412 JAPAN
- Conference Center Room #1, Onna-son, Okinawa
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can apply?
Undergraduate/M.Sc./Ph.D. students, post-docs and researchers at universities or academic/industrial institutes.
2. Are there any application or registration fees?
No. Application and registration to the workshop are completely free of charge.
3. What poster size should I use for my poster presentation?
All participants of the poster session should bring posters of standard A0 size at portrait orientation. Please, note that the workshop cannot provide printing services.
The closest airport to OIST is Naha Airport (OKA). The participants will need to make their own travel arrangements. Transportation from and to Naha Airport will be provided by the workshop team; therefore, please, let the workshop team know regarding your travel arrangements.
Free accommodation at OIST's Seaside House (see below) will be arranged by the workshop. If necessary, participants may have to share twin rooms. Seaside House is a mere 15 minute walk from the workshop venue; however, OIST will provide transportation to and from the Seaside House during the workshop.
Food and coffee will be provided throughout the duration of the workshop free of charge. Please, let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Bureau de Change: No Currency Exchange Service is available at either Naha airport or OIST. Money Exchange in the participant's country or at major airports (Narita/Kansai/Nagoya) is strongly recommended.
- ATMs: ATMs for credit card cashing are available in Naha Airport or nearby post offices/some convenience stores. Please be advised that some credit cards might not be accepted due to credit card policy (mostly credit cards issued abroad).
Average temperature around this time of the year is 22-29 Celsius. It can rain heavily sometimes and be very humid as May is rainy season.
OIST Workshops are usually performed in informal style (no suit and tie), thus please feel free to dress casually and travel light.
The AC outlet in Japan is 100 volt, and fits plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.
Facilities of Seaside House
- Internet: Wireless Internet available in public space. Wired LAN is available in guest rooms.
- Amenities: Shampoo & rinse, body soap, toothbrush set, hair dryer and room slippers.
- Laundry rooms: equipped with washer-dryers, detergent and ironing board sets.
- Phones: public phone available in the lobby area. Calling card is required to make a domestic/international phone call. You may wish to purchase international calling cards at major airport as they are not provided at Seaside House. Some credit cards work by entering your credit card numbers and PIN code. Phone equipped in each guest room is for in-house calls only.