If you feel a tremor...
... at home or on the OIST campus
- Protect your head and shelter under a table.
- Don’t rush outside.
- Don’t worry about turning off the gas in the kitchen/labs when shaking in the earthquake. After the tremors have subsided, turn off the gas and so on.
.... while driving
- Don’t slow down suddenly.
- Turn on your hazard lights to alert other drivers.
- Then slow down smoothly, pull over to the left and stop.
- Look out for collapsing concrete-block walls.
- Be careful of falling signboards and broken glass.
- Protect your heads and keep way from those objects.
... in an elevator
- The elevator stops at the nearest floor, then get off immediately.
What to do when and Earthquake hits
- For information about what to do when an Earthquake or Tsunami hits, download the complete 2018/04/04 presentation "Response to Earthquake and Tsunami" (PDF, 5MB).
Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
For the business continutiy plan information, please read the information on the page below.