Mini Course: Blender
Will this Mini Course blend?
Blender is a professional, free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games. It is also useful for visualizing and rendering 3D scientific data.
Blender's usefulness knows little bounds, come learn how to use it at this course.
This course is suitable for anyone. The second part will require some Python programming.
The teachers will be Julian Katzke (PhD Student) and Mitsuhito Ogiwara (Admin).
Program (Second edition, March 2021)
The details of the program follow:
|Tuesday, March 23||1PM - 3PM||What is Blender, user interface, modeling and transforming geometric shapes...||Ogi|
|Thursday, March 25||12:30PM - 2:30PM||Texturing, animation, keyframes, lighting...||Julian|
|Tuesday, March 30||1PM - 3PM||Using Blender programmatically with Python||Julian|
Program (First edition, February 2019)
The program (subject to small changes) was covred in 4 sessions as follows.
The first two sessions will show the user interface and the last two will show how to use Blender through Python.
The teachers were Luke Alexander Carter, James Schloss (PhD students) and Pavel Puchenkov (RSD).
|Tuesday, February 19||10AM - 12PM||Basics 1: user interface, Blender ecosystem, modeling and transforming geometric shapes...||Luke|
|Thursday, February 21||10AM - 12PM||Basics 2: texturing, tracking objects, keyframes...||Luke|
|Tuesday, February 26||10AM - 12PM||Python interface 1: visualizing volumes||Pavel and James|
|Thursday, February 28||10AM - 12PM||Python interface 2: animations||Pavel and James|
- Location: L4E48, seminar room, Lab 4.
- What to bring:
- a laptop with the latest version of Blender (2.92+) installed on it.
- a mouse with scrolling wheel
- Zoom link: if you prefer joining remotely, or if B701 exceeds 50% capacity, you can join using this link. Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide much help with the hands-on part via Zoom.
- Video Recording: this course might be recorded and uploaded online, only the teacher will be recorded. Contact Jeremie Gillet if you have reservations about this.
- Drinks: There will be free coffee and tea, bring your cup!
If you are interested in the course but cannot participate to this particular event, let us know and we will contact you for any later occurrence of this course.
Thank you very much for your interest.