Okinawa School in Physics: Coherent Quantum Dynamics
Okinawa School in Physics 2017: Coherent Quantum Dynamics
CQD 2017 26 September - 5 October Okinawa, Japan
The study of quantum coherent dynamics is currently one of the most active and exciting areas in physics. It holds the promise for the development of new technologies (quantum computing, quantum metrology,...) and, at the same time, has already delivered insights into the foundations of quantum mechanics. Its fast moving pace and new approach has attracted many young researchers and summer schools - at which leading experts share their knowledge and directly interact with the participants - have become an integral part of the community.
The school will consist of lectures delivered by Japanese and international experts on the fundamentals of the area. This will be supplemented by accessible presentations (colloquia) on cutting-edge research problems. All participants should present a poster based on their current research.
Location: OIST Seaside House
OIST is deeply committed to the advancement of women in science, in Japan and worldwide. In order to assist principal child carers in participating at this workshop we can provide additional support (such as flights for the child(ren) and child care) where necessary. Information available on request.
- József Fortágh, University of Tübingen, Germany (L)
- Christophe Salomon, LKB, CNRS, France (L)
- Gora Shlyapnikov, LPTMS, CNRS, Orsay, France (L)
- Haruka Tanji-Suzuki, University of Electro-Communications, Japan (C)
- Jelena Vuckovic, Stanford University, USA (L)
- Yoshihisa Yamamoto, ImPACT Program Manager and RIKEN, Japan (L)
- Sabrina Maniscalco, Turku Quantum Technology, Finland (L)
- Jian-Wei Pan, USTC, China (C)
- Wenhui Lee, CQT, Singapore (L)
- John Martinis, UC Santa Barbara, US (L)
- Application Open: 13 March 2017
- Application Deadline: 21 May 2017
- Deadline Reference Letters: 28 May 2017
- Notification of Application Results: mid-June 2017
- Participants arrive on Okinawa: September 25, 2017
- Participants depart Okinawa: October 06, 2017