Contact & FAQ
- Email: cqd [at] oist.jp
- Mail: 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495 JAPAN
- Seaside House, Onna-son, Okinawa
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can apply to CQD?
Undergraduate/ Msc/ PhD students at universities or academic/ industrial institutes.
2. Is there any registration fee to participate in CQD?
Yes, there is 10,000JPY for registration fee. Payment method will be informed with a notification of participation. OIST will cover your twin-share lodging and meals at Seaside House. We will also book return air tickets for those participants awarded travel support. All the participants are expected to arrive in Okinawa on Monday September 23rd and depart from Okinawa on Friday October 4th at the earliest. (Which means we have accommodation for you during this period and transportation support on these arrival and departure dates.)
3. When could I expect to know about my participation in CQD?
- Application Deadline: 31st May 2019
- Notification of participation from Secretariat Office: July 2019
- Contact by OIST travel agent for flight arrangement: after notification of acceptance
FLIGHT AND ACCOMMODATION
Flights (for those participants awarded travel support) and accommodation will be arranged by OIST. We only provide accommodation in shared twin rooms. Please note that if you want to arrange your own accommodation, you will also have to arrange your own daily transport.
- Bureau de Change: No Currency Exchange Service available at either Naha airport or OIST. Money Exchange in your country or at major airports (Narita/Kansai/Nagoya) is strongly recommended.
- ATMs: ATMs for credit card cashing are available in Naha Airport or nearby post offices/ some convenience stores. Please be advised that some credit cards might not be accepted due to credit card policy. (Most of the case, credit card issued abroad)
Average temperature around this time of the year is 25-30 Celsius. The weather in September will be quite hot and humid.
OIST Workshops are usually performed in informal style (no suit and tie), thus please feel free to dress casually and travel light.
The AC outlet in Japan is 100 volt, and fits plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.
FACILITIES OF SEASIDE HOUSE
- Internet: Wireless Internet available in public space. Wired LAN is available in guest rooms.
- Amenities: Shampoo&rinse, body soap, hair dryer and room slippers.
- Laundry rooms: equipped with washer-dryers, detergent and ironing board sets.
- Phones: Public phone available in the lobby area. Calling card is required to make a domestic/international phone call. You may wish to purchase international calling cards at major airport as they are not provided at Seaside House. Some credit cards work by entering your credit card numbers and PIN code. Phone equipped in each guest room is for in-house calls only.