Travel and Accommodation
FLIGHT AND ACCOMMODATION
Flights and accommodation will be arranged by OIST. We only provide accommodation in shared twin rooms. Please note that if you want to arrange your own accommodation, you will also have to arrange your own daily transport.
- Bureau de Change: No Currency Exchange Service available at either Naha airport or OIST. Money Exchange in your country or at major airports (Narita/Kansai/Nagoya) is strongly recommended.
- ATMs: ATMs that accept foreign bank cards are available in Naha Airport, post offices, and some convenience stores. Please be advised that some credit cards might not be accepted due to credit card policy. (In most of these cases, these are credit cards issued abroad.)
Okinawa is located in the subtropical zone. The average temperature around this time of the year is 18-25° Celsius. The average humidity ranges from 60-85%.
OIST Workshops are informal in style (no suit and tie), thus please feel free to dress casually and travel light.
AC outlets in Japan are 100 volts, and fit plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.
FACILITIES OF SEASIDE HOUSE
- Internet: Wireless Internet available in public space. Wired LAN is available in guest rooms.
- Amenities: Shampoo&rinse, body soap, toothbrush set, hair dryer and room slippers.
- Laundry rooms: equipped with washer-dryers, detergent and ironing board sets.
- Phones: Public phone available in the lobby area. Calling card is required to make a domestic/international phone call. You may wish to purchase international calling cards at major airport as they are not provided at Seaside House. Some credit cards work by entering your credit card numbers and PIN code. Phone equipped in each guest room is for in-house calls only.