Protein Engineering and Evolution (Paola Laurino)
News & Highlights
- Sep 1: Welcome to Amy for her rotation in our lab!
- April 10: Welcome to Lilian for her rotation in our lab!
- April: Mirco received the award from The Italian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology! The award is for a young member evaluating the curriculum vitae and the quality of one selected publication during the year 2020. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31794008/ published in Biochemical journal.
- March 31: Goodbye to Aiman and good luck for his bachelor in Sapporo, we hope to see him soon again!
- March 9: Yoshiki introduces OIST as distinct systems from other grad schools in Japan. Published in 実験医学
- Feb 1: Welcome to Aiman from Hokkaido University, first intern student after a long time!!!
Our research applies chemical approaches and protein engineering to study and manipulate protein functions. We are interested in exploring the evolution of cofactors/substrates and their binding proteins, and generating artificial enzymes. We would like to apply synthetic biology tools for triggering cellular responses and studying metabolic pathways, and to explore challenging chemical transformations.
If you are interested in exciting research at the interface between biochemistry, molecular biology, organic chemistry and bioinformatics please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).