Contact & FAQs
- Email: saori.chappell[at]oist.jp
- Mail: 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0412 JAPAN
Frequently Asked Questions
Where will the workshop take place?
- Seminar Room C700, Lab 3, OIST, Onna-son, Okinawa
- You can check the regional map of OIST here and the campus map here.
Can I exchange money near/at the workshop venue?
- Bureau de Change: No Currency Exchange Service is available at either Naha airport or OIST. Money Exchange in the participant's country or at major airports (Narita/Kansai/Nagoya) is strongly recommended.
- ATMs: ATMs for credit card cashing are available in Naha Airport or nearby post offices/some convenience stores. Please be advised that some credit cards might not be accepted due to credit card policy (mostly credit cards issued abroad).
What is the climate like in Okinawa during the time of the workshop?
Average temperature around this time of the year is expected ~19-25 Celsius. You can get more detailed information here and here.
Is there a dress code for the workshop?
OIST workshops are usually performed in informal style (no suit and tie), thus feel free to dress casually and travel light.
Can I use my electronic/electric appliances in Japan?
The AC outlet in Japan is 100 volt, and fits plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please, check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.