Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit (Tomoki Fukai)
- Network mechanisms of statistical modeling (e.g., predicitve coding, hierarchical Bayesian inference)
- Computations in idling brain states for memory, reasoning, and beyond
- Dendritic computation for network-level computing and learning
- Deciphering neural code in large-scale neural activity data
- Spike-based learning and computing theories (for neuro-AI)
Latest Unit News
- Congratulations to Thomas Burns' for his work "Simplicial Hopfield networks" accepted by ICLR2023! (January 2023)
- Congratulations to Dr. Chi-Chung Fung for being offered a tenure-track position at the City University of Hong Kong! (March 2022)
- Congratulations to Dr. Hongjie Bi for being offered a tenure-track position at Shenzhen Bay Laboratory! (March 2022)
- Congratulations to Roman Koshkin being selected for the Google AI PhD Fellowship! (September 2021)
- Congratulations to Dr. Menezes Carvalho for defending her PhD at the University of Tokyo! (March 2021)
More Unit News
We are interested in hiring postdocs with strong background in computational neuroscience, physics, and applied mathematics. Interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to tomoki.fukai[at]oist.jp.
For details of the job posting, please refer to the OIST Careers page.