Please check sea conditions before visiting the beach!
How to Identify a Rip Current (Rip Tide)
- An area of calm or rippled water in between even-breaking surf
- Discolored water due to sand being stirred off the bottom.
- Darker colored water (deeper because the current dredges the bottom)
- Foam on the surface extending beyond the surf line.
- Debris floating seaward
- Lower, choppier wave heights
- Relax and stay calm. If you get caught in a rip current, float with the current or swim across the current, not against it.
- Raise an arm to signal for help