How to dispose of bulky waste - Uruma city -
In Uruma city, there are 2 ways to dispose of bulky waste
- Cost: 200JPY/item (purchase a bulky waste disposal ticket at Uruma city office)
- Open hours: 8:30-16:30 (closed between 12:00 and 13:00)
- Phone: 098-972-6619
- How to dispose of:
- Visit Environment Division at Uruma city head office(うるま市環境課) with the bulky waste loaded in your car *reception hours: 8:30-16:00 except between 12:00 and 13:00
- Have the bulky waste checked by the city officer and purchase a bulky waste disposal ticket
- Take the waste to Okinawa Chubu-Kita environment
- Cost: 300JPY/item (purchase a bulky waste disposal ticket at a supermarket in Uruma city)
- How to have the waste collected:
- Purchase a bulky waste disposal ticket at a supermarket in Uruma city (AEON, San-A, or Kanehide) Show te following line to the cashier: 粗大ごみ処理券一枚お願いします
- After purchasing, call Environment Division at Uruma city office (098-974-6164) to arrange a collection day *reception hours: 8:30-16:30 except between 12:00 and 13:00
- Stick the ticket on the waste, and take the waste outside by 8:30am on the collection day
*In case of rain, please cover the item(s) with a plastic bag or something to prevent from getting wet.
Air conditioners, TVs, refrigerators/freezers, and washing machines/dryers are specified as “designated home appliances” and are required to be recycled appropriately in accordance with the Home Appliance Recycling Law and the cost for the recycling process must be borne by the owner.
How to dispose of designated home appliances:
- Take a photo of the specifications of the appliance (model#, manufacturer, manufacture year, etc.)
- Visit a post office with the above photo to purchase a “home appliance recycle ticket(家電リサイクル券).” Show the following line and the photo to ask for the ticket: 家電リサイクル券を購入しに来ました。これが処分する家電の情報です。
*If you ask an electric appliance store to collect the item, DO NOT purchase this ticket yet.
- Bring the item to Takunan Shouji, or you can ask an electric appliance store to collect the item for you.
- Contact ReNet Japan either via their online request form or by phone(0570-085-800) to request them to collect the computer.
- Pack your computer in any box
- Sagawa Express will collect the box on a scheduled date
Once the disposal is complete, you will receive an email from ReNet Japan