Informatics and Data
Our goal is to provide access to top quality data sets, GIS services, and statistical analysis. In addition we provide support for software packages developed by our team members.
Here are some examples of the data we can provide:
(Note: A complete list of available data products is coming soon...)
- GIS Layers of forest cover for Australia
- Weather data for Okinawa in 2018
- Camera trap photos from OKEON sites
If there's something you would like to use in the future, or you would like us to analyze, let's meet to discuss your idea. Here are some examples:
- Change in coral reef extent across years for your favorite island
- Ancestral state reconstruction for your favorite genus
- Curation of your favorite dataset
There are many ways to deliver a visualization of your results, whether its to a journal, to colleagues and collaborators, or to the public. Contact us or check the Gallery for some examples of what we've done in the past.
Our team members develop software resources that are used by investigators all over the world, and provide support through the section.
Our section collaborates on many long-term research projects. It's most of what we do! If you have something you'd like to talk to us about, please get in touch with us using the link below and we'll arrange a consulation.