Aysen Gurkan Ozer
M.S. Istanbul Technical University (Turkey) 2008
B.S. Istanbul Technical University (Turkey) 2002
I received my BSc in Physics Engineering and started to work in industry as an application engineer for medical lasers. I was so inspired by the topic "laser-tissue interactions" that decided to deal with it in detail and got my MSc in Biomedical Engineering. During my PhD in Forensic Sciences, I developed a laser scanning method for forensic trace & evidence. During all this time, I was teaching mathematics (1997-2015) and lecturing in laser-tissue interactions.
In April 2017, I joined Neuronal Rhythms in Movement (nRIM) Unit and started to learn something totally different; Neuroscience! Considering my background all in engineering, joining this unit is one of the most challenging decisions I have ever made; to become a surgeon! But, I am so lucky that everyone in the lab are very well-equipped in both theoretical and practical knowledge and they are great in patience. My personal motivation for catching up my team is: "The ones considering not to have rest never get tired!" M.K.ATATURK
This is a small team (for now) but we have a very big and welcoming heart for everyone interested in Neuroscience and we all love teaching with our rules below:
1. Be nice!
2. Be energetic!
3. Be useful!
4. Be helpful!
- OIST Graduate University, Light-Matter Interactions Unit, Postdoctoral Research Technician 2016-2017
- Yeditepe University, Biomedical Engineering Department, Lecturer 2014-2015
- Namik Kemal University, Biomedical Engineering Department, Lecturer 2013-2014
- Istanbul Technical University, Mathematical Engineering Department, Teaching Assistant 2009-2013
- Istanbul Technical University, Engineering Sciences Department, Research Assistant 2006-2009
- AFS Blade & Mold Industry, Quality Assurance Manager 2004-2006
- AFS Blade & Mold Industry, R & D Engineer 2004-2006
- CMS Foreign Trade and Consultancy, Application Engineer, 2003-2004
- Teknogem Foreign Trade and Consultancy, Technical Support Engineer, 2002-2003
- Istanbul Technical University, Rectorate Scholarship, 2000-2002
- Istanbul Technical University, ITU Foundation Scholarship, 1997-2000
- Tabakoglu H.O., Sari F., Gurkan Ozer A., Bilici T., Kurt A., (2015) “1940 nm diode laser skin
welding of surgical incision: Tensile test analysis”, DOI:10.1109/TIPTEKNO.2015.7374600
- Gurkan Ozer A., Tabakoglu H.O., Cengiz S., (2014) “Illicit drug detection with laser 1:
Investigation of optimal parameters in stomach tissue”, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 19(5),
- Tabakoglu H.O., Gurkan Ozer A., (2012) “Therapeutic Lasers and Skin Welding Applications”, A Roadmap of Biomedical Engineers and Milestones, Chapter 7, ISBN 978-953-51-0609-8.