M.S. Medical Biotechnology, University of Padua, Italy, 2006
Marco Terenzio carried out his PhD in the laboratory of Prof. Giampietro Schiavo at Cancer Research UK in London, with the aim of identifying regulators of neurotrophin receptors endosomal distribution in motor neurons. After a brief first postdoc at the German Cancer Research Centre (DKFZ) in Heidelberg, Germany, where he studied the mechanisms of mitochondrial clearance, he joined the laboratory of Prof. Mike Fainzilber at the Weizmann Institute in Israel, where he investigated the mechanisms underlying cell length sensing in neurons and the axonal translational response to sciatic nerve injury.
- Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, Post-doctoral fellow, 2019
- German Cancer Research Centre (DKFZ), Heidelberg, Germany, Post-doctoral fellow, 2012
- Cancer Research UK, London, UK, Ph.D. student, 2010
- Feinberg Graduate School, Weizmann Institute of Science, FGS Prize for Outstanding Achievements in Postdoctoral Research, 2018
- Feinberg Graduate School, Weizmann Institute of Science, Koshland Scholar Fellowship/ Senior Post Doctoral Fellowship, 2015-2018
- Ph.D. supported by the ENDOCYTE Marie Curie Actions-Research Training Networks, 2006-2010
- Locally Translated mTOR Controls Axonal Local Translation in Nerve Injury. Terenzio M, Koley S, Samra N, Rishal I, Zhao Q, Sahoo PK, Urisman A, Marvaldi L, Oses-Prieto JA, Forester C, Gomes C, Kalinski AL, Di Pizio A, Doron-Mandel E, Perry RB, Koppel I, Twiss JL, Burlingame AL & Fainzilber M. Science. 2018 Mar 23;359(6382):1416-1421.
- Compartmentalized signaling in neurons: from cell biology to neuroscience. Terenzio M, Schiavo G, Fainzilber M. Neuron. 2017 Nov 1;96(3):667-679.
- Signalling endosomes in axonal transport: travel updates on the molecular highway. Schmieg N, Menendez G, Schiavo G, Terenzio M. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2014 Mar;27:32-43.
- Bicaudal-D1 regulates the intracellular sorting and signalling of neurotrophin receptors. Terenzio M, Golding M, Russell MR, Wicher KB, Rosewell I, Spencer-Dene B, Ish-Horowicz D, Schiavo G. EMBO J. 2014 Jul 17;33(14):1582-98.
- siRNA screen of ES cell-derived motor neurons identifies novel regulators of tetanus toxin and neurotrophin receptor trafficking. Terenzio M, Golding M, Schiavo G. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014 May 20;8:140.